Public beach question

Hello!

Are there any precautions I should take at public beaches, Is it safe to take a backpack with me and jump in the ocean?

When I am in Bora Bora and Huahine, after my excursion I figured I might check out Matira Beach  (Bora Bora) or Fare Beach (Huahine).....are those areas safe or is there a good chance it might disappear?

Also in Bora Bora, would you recommend checking out Matira Beach after excursion or just spending time on the PG Motu? 

Thank you!

The boat to the Bora Bora motu only runs every hour. This doesn’t give you a lot of time there after an excursion.  Depending upon whether you book an excursion privately you may be able to be dropped off at Matilda Beach. 

on Huahine the children of Huahine has an on board show at 3 pm. If you want to make that you really don’t have time to do anything after an excursion.  I also do not recollect that there is a beach at Fare. There is a beach about a 10 minute walk from there (facing the water walk to your right past the Huahine Yacht Club)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FlightMedic555 said:

on Huahine the children of Huahine has an on board show at 3 pm. If you want to make that you really don’t have time to do anything after an excursion. 

Thank you for this! We're working on our plans for Huahini for our upcoming cruise, and debating what to do in the afternoon that day. We've already booked a morning private tour, and now that I know about this show, we will be sure to come back to the ship. Great information!

15 hours ago, FlightMedic555 said:

The boat to the Bora Bora motu only runs every hour. This doesn’t give you a lot of time there after an excursion.  Depending upon whether you book an excursion privately you may be able to be dropped off at Matilda Beach. 

One of the days I will be doing Jet ski , it is 2.5 hours.  I was hoping if it is in the AM or late afternoon, then I would have time to go to the motu. Do you think this would still be difficult?

Also do you have any other suggestions on what to do after the excursion.  The other day I am doing pure snorkeling excursion.....again not sure what to do after

Pure Snorkeling is spectacular.  We have done that 7 times.  You can reserve either privately with them or through the ship.  If you do it privately they can drop you off at Matira Beach or at Bloody Mary's (but check in advance).  Both are iconic but for different reasons.  

On one of your Bora Bora days I would consider wandering around the town for an hour or so, if you have any interest in shopping.

If you really want to visit the motu I would do that after a morning jet ski.  The Pure Snorkeling trip will get you back to the dock at about noon or a little later.  You would be back on the ship around 1, maybe a little earlier.  In any event you could then take the boat to the motu which operates hourly and I believe on the half hour.  You would get to the motu at around 2 and have about 90 minutes there.  If you stopped for lunch on the ship that would further reduce your time.   So.....going to the motu after the snorkeling trip is really tight for time.  

On 5/31/2023 at 2:28 PM, jatinandayesha said:

Hello!

Are there any precautions I should take at public beaches, Is it safe to take a backpack with me and jump in the ocean?

When I am in Bora Bora and Huahine, after my excursion I figured I might check out Matira Beach  (Bora Bora) or Fare Beach (Huahine).....are those areas safe or is there a good chance it might disappear?

Also in Bora Bora, would you recommend checking out Matira Beach after excursion or just spending time on the PG Motu? 

Thank you!

Here is the beach ... as mentioned simply walk past the Huahine Yacht Club. Stay very close to the water as your walking past people's homes/property. you will come to it in about 10 minutes.

28.jpg