Niew Amsterdam - electrical outlets?

Foamer

We'll be cruising on the Niew Amsterdam for the Country Music Cruise next January and I'm curious how well inside cabins are fitted for electricity? I use a CPAP, so I need an outlet (either 120 or 220) somewhere near the head of the bed, and like any other overequipped American I have devices that need to be charged as well (and likely a small laptop that I'll use to organize my photos and videos during the trip). And my wife has her phone and other stuff too. 

So I'm naturally curious about how many outlets (120/220/USB), and where in the room they are located, I might expect to find. 

Edited by Foamer
Add content.

This will vary depending on which deck your inside cabin is on. Do not plan on having an outlet near the head of the bed, although some cabins may have one. Do plan on bringing a basic extension cord, long enough to reach from the nightstand, to the desk. 
Again, that will depend on the configuration of your cabin, and the insides do vary. 

I have been in many inside cabins on the Vista/Signature ships (Nieuw Amsterdam is a Signature), but all were on Main Deck, which has the largest insides. I had the cabin steward tape the extension cord from my CPAP, along the wall, under the closets, and up to the desk. It kept it neatly out of the way, so it didn't become a tripping hazard, yet could still stay in place. 
There was one 110 and one 220 outlet at the desk. 

The last time I was in one of those cabins (can't remember which ship, though), the shelf which had formerly held the TV and DVD layer had been freed up, and there were a couple of outlets there. Made a good place to store and plug in any extra equipment. 
Your cabin may or may not have this arrangement. 

The inside cabins on other decks, with the exception of some I-category cabins, are much smaller, but it's best to have a long cord. 

• Like 1

Inside cabin deck 10 Nieuw Amsterdam category IQ had USB ports at bed but don't remember if there was an electrical outlet there.

Used the electrical outlet at the desk w/an extension cord we brought so we had all the charging capabilitieswe needed. If you take one, be sure the extension cord does not have a surge protector.

Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

I am currently on the Nieuw Amsterdam. Deck 7 verandah cabin. There is only USB by the beds. At the desk there is a USB, 2 115V North American outlets, and 2 220V European outlets. You would need an extension cord as @Haljo1935 said.

• Like 1

An extension cord is available if arranged with HAL. 

If you bring your own extension cord, ensure that is not similar to the photo below (copied from HAL safety video) even if it does not have a surge protector.  The person that will confiscate the extension cord has no clue what cord has, or has no, surge protector.  Here is a link to what I carry with the detachable cord in a different bag to prevent confiscation:  Extension cord w/o surge protection from Amazon

HAL-Prohibited-Electrical-Adapters.jpg

• Like 1

Call guest services and tell them you need a long, orange extension cord to go across the cabin.  It should be waiting for you in your cabin when you board.  Your cabin steward will hook it up for you and tape it to the floor so you don’t trip.  We do it all the time.

Helen

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1