FINALLY booked our flight...and got a GREAT deal!

PrincessMelody

I wasn't having any luck at all finding a flight into FLL for our cruise and I was starting to get nervous because it is less than 5 weeks away!! The best I could do was well over $300, and a lot of the flights are selling out fast, due to spring break, Easter, etc. The only cheaper flights were times that wouldn't work, or LOOOONG layovers. So I found a great deal out of Indy, which is about 2 hrs. away, but even our airport in Dayton is nearly an hour away. I got 'em for $209 pp/round trip! The times are great, and it's a non-stop flight. I am very happy now!!:D Just wanted to share.:)

Thanks Scooby!! I'm flying AirTran, but I booked with Travelocity because they had the better price! I usually check the search sites first, like orbitz, sidestep, etc...then I go directly to the airline's site to see if I can beat the lowest fare I found. Usually the airline itself has the best price, but this time travelocity won.

I prefer Airtran too. Good service, newer planes. Got the email about the sale, and there were no sale priced seats left at the times that would work for me.

As for the airshow, it is still pretty good! Can't speak for the 60's though, but it's every bit as good as it was in the 80's!!;) You should come!

Indy is the closest airport to me and obviously my airport of choice ... but I am still amazed by the deals that can be had flying out of there. I just flew on Southwest roundtrip to Orlando (during spring break, no less) for $106 roundtrip.

Hi, Trinity.....I'm from Kettering, born and raised there. Now, I switch from North to South....lol. I don't know where abouts you live in DAY, but, sometimes flying out of Columbus (½hr. closer) is even better. Don't discount Cincy either.

Happy to hear about your great deal! Happy cruising!!!!!!:)

TWI;)

Hi Twilite! I'm right on the edge of Kettering in Miami Township! Small world, huh?:p Do you guys cruise a lot?

I had been checking CVG and CMH as well, and just couldn't beat the deal I got out of Indy this time. I always check all these, and go for the best deal/schedule. I prefer non-stops whenever possible, and finding it for just over $200 pp was great, compared to over $400 out of CMH or CVG.

We've gone out of the others before, but this will be our first time out of Indy. I think we are going to do the park/sleep/fly at a hotel near the airport, since our flight is so early...it leaves at 8:03 am.

BTW, since we'll be on daylight savings time by then, I wonder if Indiana is too? I was thinking they didn't observe DST...maybe one of you Hoosiers can answer that for me?:)

Thanks for the link Twilite. I must be brain dead at the moment, because I read through and clicked on different links and still couldn't find out for sure if Indiana is going to adopt DST. There were several long articles referring to "proposed changes for certain counties" but as far as I could see, there was nothing stating whether or not the change to DST went through.:confused:

Indy is the closest airport to me and obviously my airport of choice ... but I am still amazed by the deals that can be had flying out of there. I just flew on Southwest roundtrip to Orlando (during spring break, no less) for $106 roundtrip.

Air Tran flies out of Flint and Detroit, and their prices are high!! Why????

Wishing I lived closer to Indy!

I'm from Xenia and didn't think of looking at Indy for airfare.:rolleyes: Thanks for that tip. Airtran won't be booking Oct. until next month, so I'll have to wait for that. As far as Daylight Savings Time goes, Indiana passed a law last year and Indianapolis will now do the DST and will remain on the same time as us now. Certain parts will be on Central Time because of the people up next to Chicago.

Archived