Breakfast Room service ordering the old fashioned way?

red4u2

Hi all!    Our upcoming Discovery cruise to Alaska will be my first cruise since March 2020. 

I'm reading all kinds of problems with ordering room service through the Medallion and even calling direct.

soooo.... my question is, do they still have the breakfast menu cards that you can select your items and hang the card outside your cabin on the door handle?

I've never had a problem using those and adding a few extra items.😄

Thank you in advance!!

4 minutes ago, red4u2 said:

Hi all!    Our upcoming Discovery cruise to Alaska will be my first cruise since March 2020. 

I'm reading all kinds of problems with ordering room service through the Medallion and even calling direct.

soooo.... my question is, do they still have the breakfast menu cards that you can select your items and hang the card outside your cabin on the door handle?

Thank you in advance!!

They had them in Nov last year on the Discovrery. I had ask for it. 

• Like 1

Used it on the Emerald and food was delivered on time.  But I found it just as quick to order it by phone and had it delivered right away.  Be sure to specify quantity.  I thought I did (2 of this...) but sometimes got 2 of everything.  Fruit was limited to orange wedges, melon, and/or banana. 

• Like 1

You can also preorder and set a delivery time on the app for the following day..  however, the execution on that was a big miss.  I ordered my breakfast at midnight to be delivered at 7 am the following day.  I got woken up at 1:15 in the morning by the delivery person.  I made sure to let guest services know that was unappreciated.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Used it on the Emerald and food was delivered on time.  But I found it just as quick to order it by phone and had it delivered right away.  Be sure to specify quantity.  I thought I did (2 of this...) but sometimes got 2 of everything.  Fruit was limited to orange wedges, melon, and/or banana. 

Yes prefer to call in the night before and they might add some extras if your really nice..

• Like 2

2 hours ago, iamaqt2 said:

You can also preorder and set a delivery time on the app for the following day..  however, the execution on that was a big miss.  I ordered my breakfast at midnight to be delivered at 7 am the following day.  I got woken up at 1:15 in the morning by the delivery person.  I made sure to let guest services know that was unappreciated.

Wow that sucks!   that's another app problem i haven't heard about until now!

3 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Thank you!  i will specify for sure!

3 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Cards were still available to fill out on the Sky 2 weeks ago.  We used them at least twice during our 15 day sailing.

Great to hear!  thank you!

5 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Cards were still available to fill out on the Sky 2 weeks ago.  We used them at least twice during our 15 day sailing.

But not all of them were collected. I noticed, on more than one occasion, the cards still on the door well after 09:00 - may have just been missed, or put out too late.

9 hours ago, red4u2 said:

Thank you in advance!!

On a side note - we had luck with the Crown and Room Service through the Medallion. Someone mentioned it on our CC last gathering and we all agreed how well it worked (they often got their items in less than 5 minutes). I know mine arrived often within 10 minutes.

• Like 1