Have It All

mcrcruiser

Depends on how far out the cruise start date is.  Check on-line to see if HAL has opened up the reservations for your cruise.  If so, you can book them online and use the promo to pay for them.  Use the online website though as I don't think the Navigator will have this feature until just prior to sailing.  Navigator is really best used on the ship and just days prior to sailing.

• Like 1

HAL might send an email when the tours open for booking. I get a lot of offers to improve my "cruise experience" when I have a booking. I bought HIA for my cruise last winter in the fall. I got offers to buy HIA at least twice after that. So the HAL computers keep spewing reminders of ways you can spend your money.

1 hour ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

HAL might send an email when the tours open for booking. I get a lot of offers to improve my "cruise experience" when I have a booking. I bought HIA for my cruise last winter in the fall. I got offers to buy HIA at least twice after that. So the HAL computers keep spewing reminders of ways you can spend your money.

interesting that HAL sends those reminders .Thanks for the info 

2 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

When can we make the special restaurant dinner reservations  . We have  3 special dinners  for a 25 cday cruise ?

Also when can we make reservations for shore excursions ?

No need to keep checking on the specialty restaurants, we're on the 2024 cruise of same itinerary (35 not 25 day?) and dinner reservations are not there yet. So you have a year-plus to wait.

Our Hawaii shoreExes are available but not the Polynesia ones. Someone on the November (?) Princess cruise of similar route, JUST had the So.Pac excursions appear, so about 5 months out if the timing holds true for HAL. Don't know how long the Hawaii have been up, but I recently used the $300 credit all on them.

1 hour ago, crystalspin said:

No need to keep checking on the specialty restaurants, we're on the 2024 cruise of same itinerary (35 not 25 day?) and dinner reservations are not there yet. So you have a year-plus to wait.

Our Hawaii shoreExes are available but not the Polynesia ones. Someone on the November (?) Princess cruise of similar route, JUST had the So.Pac excursions appear, so about 5 months out if the timing holds true for HAL. Don't know how long the Hawaii have been up, but I recently used the $300 credit all on them.

Id you decide to rent a car any where download the gypsy apps  ,They are the   vest guides

wow no  South Pacific islands tours  for your cruise up as yet  ,Perhaps lining up tours is not oi easy in French Polynesia  by the cruise lines . Papatee shouldn't be a problem being the capital 

Edited by mcrcruiser

5 hours ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

I have a hard time interpreting your writing.  

Sorry .The word should have been "if " bot id typo ..I typr on a small Apple key board & the letters are not raised & they are loght in color  .Ay 84  yesrs my eye sight is not what it once was 

• Like 1

On 6/3/2023 at 12:27 AM, cbr663 said:

Depends on how far out the cruise start date is.  Check on-line to see if HAL has opened up the reservations for your cruise.  If so, you can book them online and use the promo to pay for them.  Use the online website though as I don't think the Navigator will have this feature until just prior to sailing.  Navigator is really best used on the ship and just days prior to sailing.

In my experience you can access bookings for excursions/dinners via Navigator way before a cruise is due to sail. In fact, I have not noticed any timing difference with access to bookings via the app or the website.

• Like 1