Izumi Hibachi - making reservations on embarkation day

The last 6 or 7 cruises I've taken between Dec to Apr I've boarded between 11am & 11:30 and have made all my specialty reservations at Izumi, including one for Hibachi quickly and without a problem.

However, this Saturday (6/3) on Harmony, when I approached right before 11:30am there were already five people in line prior to me.  When it was my turn at the podium, I was informed that I was #1 on the lunch waitlist while there was a much longer waitlist for dinner.  I looked behind me and there were at least a dozen waiting behind me, so I went elsewhere to make my other reservations.

So I can understand why they control the reservations at that one spot for Hibachi.  As far as the reservations "hack," I think they should give those that "paid" for a reserved space two choices:

1.  Let the charge stand, meaning the passenger pays as they booked to reserve, even if they have UDP or any other package, or

2.  Cancel for the OBC and release the reserved space which would go to the first on the waiting list.

Turns out there's 6,400+ pax on this cruise, and next week's has even more.  The two parties in from of me were trying to book for parties of 6 & 7.  So it wouldn't take too many families trying to enjoy Hibachi for it to sell out quickly.

Supply and demand.  Maybe it's time to remove Hibachi from UDP and other packages, then raise the price $10 or more to address the over demand.

Edited by PWP-001