Visa in Vietnam

thirstyman1

38 minutes ago, Suzi66 said:

We are on a Celebrity Cruise this January and our first port of call is Halong Bay and our last port of call in Vietnam is Phu My.  Does anyone have any idea as to what I need to put?  Luckily I have a few months before I need to do anything.

My understanding is that Phu My is a component port of the Vung Tau Seaport complex.

The Halong Bay port is the Hon Gai Seaport. Celebrity docks at the Halong Bay Terminal or Cai Lan Terminal in that complex.

Edited by Torfamm

5 minutes ago, Torfamm said:

My understanding is that Phu My is a component port of the Vung Tau Seaport complex.

The Halong Bay port is the Hon Gai Seaport. Celebrity docks at the Halong Bay Terminal or Cai Lan Terminal in that complex.

Thank you so much.

42 minutes ago, Torfamm said:

Good afternoon- I emailed the Vietnam embassy 2 weeks ago but have not yet heard back  regarding the Phu My port and e visas. Have you been able to make contact with them regarding the ability to use the evisa and that port?

thanks

23 minutes ago, cruisinsusin said:

Good afternoon- I emailed the Vietnam embassy 2 weeks ago but have not yet heard back  regarding the Phu My port and e visas. Have you been able to make contact with them regarding the ability to use the evisa and that port?

thanks

I had no reply either, but the tour company I am using for tours in Vietnam advised that Phu My is a part of the Vung Tau Seaport and to list it that way.

On 6/4/2023 at 7:40 AM, Expat Cruise said:

2) If the cruise has multiple port calls in Vietnam, you only need a single entry visa as long as all port calls are in a row. If you visit another country after doing a Vietnam port call and then return for another Vietnam Port Call, then you would need a multi entry visa. 

Effective August 15 Vietnam is making e-visas effective for 90 days and will allow multiple entries.

The biggest challenge with e-visas seems to be figuring out the correct name for ports. At least a couple listed on cruise itineraries are not listed on the e-visa website as they are parts of larger seaport complexes. It is not an easy process. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

More question...Royal Caribbean will be sailing to Nha Trang on 1/4/24 and Phu My on 1/5/24.

Would you consider this correct in filling out the E-VISA form? What happens if the cruise line change the date or the ports? Does the date have to be exact? Or can I put in a range? Like Jan 2 for Nha Trang and exiting Phu My on Jan 11th (using beginning and end date of cruise) 

Thanks!

image.thumb.png.60e392574561ea95bf82e8f4cef6c623.png

Our cruise, Azamara, handled everything for us. This was October of 2019 and maybe things have changed.

We had an overnight on our first port of call in Ha Long Bay and we spent the overnight on an Indochinese Junk with Bhaya (amazing experience) and we needed a special visa and Azamara handled it.  We told them what we were doing and I believe we needed a special visa (didn't cost much extra) and they did the rest for us.  

Before anyone goes out and gets their own visa, go out and check with the cruise line. 

27 minutes ago, TSC said:

I reached out to Celebrity and they are NOT getting the visas for the passengers. 

This is new and RC appears to be doing the same.  Cruise line probably should communicate this better to its passengers.

Edited by hubofhockey