Why I Love Silversea Air!

boccenana

Pardon my question but I did a search and read through this thread and can’t find what is the process for selecting seats on Silversea arranged flights?  I can now see our flights fir our upcoming cruise but no seats are shown and no passenger number assigned so I can look at the airline’s record.   First time we’ve ever used cruise line arranged flights.  And, by the way, they have us leaving Vancouver, BC at 7 AM.  If that holds true I guess we’ll have to up and off the ship by about 5 AM.  😱

7 minutes ago, Randyk47 said:

Pardon my question but I did a search and read through this thread and can’t find what is the process for selecting seats on Silversea arranged flights?  I can now see our flights fir our upcoming cruise but no seats are shown and no passenger number assigned so I can look at the airline’s record.   First time we’ve ever used cruise line arranged flights.  And, by the way, they have us leaving Vancouver, BC at 7 AM.  If that holds true I guess we’ll have to up and off the ship by about 5 AM.  😱

I usually go to whatever app the particular airline has and pick seats there.

38 minutes ago, Randyk47 said:

Usually, you will need the ticket locator number, if I recall correctly.

32 minutes ago, boccenana said:

35 minutes ago, boccenana said:

As posted I need the confirmation number….,that’s what Delta asks for.  

Just now, canderson said:

You can ask your SS rep or TA, but it/they will also appear in your flight itinerary data at My Silversea.

We do have our flights in MySilversea but no passenger number/confirmation code.  Guess I’ll text out TA.   

Randy - Not sure when your flight is but we learned that tickets are not actually ticketed by Silversea until 60 days out. We have our locator (our flight next May) but without the actual ticketing being completed there is no way to go in and pay baggage fees/look at potential upgrades or selecting preferred seating.

One definite advantage to doing your own air as you will control your booking from the outset.

Cheers,

Rob

2 hours ago, Randyk47 said:

We do have our flights in MySilversea but no passenger number/confirmation code.  Guess I’ll text out TA.   

Yes, if there's no 6 character record locator shown, you'll need to have your TA ask.  Alternately, if you have an account with the airline, log in there and see if they already have the flight associated with your account.

Edited by canderson

Well obviously, passenger locator number or whatever it is called, is not an immediate issue,  Silversea in their wisdom has my flight scheduled at exactly the same time we dock in Vancouver.  Obviously that isn’t happening.  Will deal through my TA with Silversea for a more doable flight schedule.  

Not sure if you are using an independent TA or SS agent/consultants, but we submitted a request to our SS agent for the flights and days we preferred to travel since the original outbound  flight they booked us on was undesirable. About a week later my SS agent came back with the desired flights, dates and times, and the airline booking # (it will not be in MySilversea) I received instead an email itinerary  from SSair with the info and the seat assignments.. However, it depends on the airline. I could not change the seats on AA  ,that SS air had reserved , until it is ticketed. However, on BA they allowed the seat changes which shocked me since they usually charge for seat requests when booking direct with BA . 

good luck Randy and see if you could put your seat request in when you go back to them with your request.

Turns out after I posted our TA sent me an email with our flights.  She noticed the issue with the return flight out of Vancouver, BC being too close to Nova’s arrival.   This morning we emailed back and forth and she had already sent Silversea an email alerting them to the issue.  Said she got an answer almost immediately that they were working on it and would get back with new flights.   Still 223 days before the cruise so plenty of time to solve the problem.  Of course this far out I’d expect there will be more adjustments and changes before we actually fly.  Interesting our friends and cruise partners also booked the cruise as a door-to-door and their flight to Florida goes to Miami instead of Ft Lauderdale.  We both figure Silversea will provide them some kind of limo service to Ft Lauderdale as we are both using a Silversea arranged hotel pre-cruise.  She brought it up with our shared TA so we’ll see.   Bottom line right now is neither of us have total confidence in Silversea flight arrangements right now but plenty of time to resolve.   

Remember there is a difference between your record locator and your ticket.  They are not the same.

Your locator is a six character identifier.  This serves as a way for agents to retrieve your information.  It is NOT any indication that you are actually ticketed on the flight.

Your ticket is a 13 digit number.  This number is unique to your individual ticket (as a locator can have multiple people/tickets attached).  Without this number, you are merely a "reservation", which is at best a placeholder until ticketing.  Once you have a ticket number, you are confirmed booked and ticketed on that flight.

Got the Delta Airlines record locator for our flights home from Vancouver, BC and it’s a real shame we can’t make those flights.  Silversea came up with great flights and super seats.  If possible we’d actually get back home at a reasonable mid-afternoon time.  I can’t imagine why Silversea would ever book a 7 AM flight anywhere.  Yes, the airport in Vancouver is only 8 or so miles from the cruise terminal so that’s not far but with the ship docking between 5 and 6 AM a 7 AM flight isn’t happening.   Seems to me this should be an automatic red flag.  Short of an overnight at the disembarkation port there should be some kind of standing rule not to book flights within 3 to 4 hours minimally at any port and maybe more at ports where the airport is distant.  Not ever port is a Ft Lauderdale or Vancouver.    

Silversea came through an rebooked our return flights on American Airlines.  Not our preferred or favorite airline but the flight doesn’t leave Vancouver until 1:45 PM so manageable.  Another downside is we don’t arrive in San Antonio until 10:30 PM but with door-to-door it will be nice to have the limo service home.  All in all after booking us on I think mistakenly 7 AM flights initially they came through quickly with a new set of flights.   Have to give them a plus for handling the situation.  🙂👍

Welcome home. So happy all went perfectly.

We are hoping for the same.

The logistics, when you think about it are mind blowing.

We are on the Nova Lisbon to Lisbon for 22 days next month.

When you get settled let us know your final thoughts.

Enjoyed your posts while you were on her.

Elaine 😎 

1 hour ago, boccenana said:

Welcome home. So happy all went perfectly.

We are hoping for the same.

The logistics, when you think about it are mind blowing.

We are on the Nova Lisbon to Lisbon for 22 days next month.

When you get settled let us know your final thoughts.

Enjoyed your posts while you were on her.

Elaine 😎 

I think the two of you will be blown away with the Nova. In my opinion, I don't think any part of the ship can be improved. The standard veranda cabin is fabulous. My wife said as we were ending our cruise, "I don't want to get off the ship". She has NEVER said that before after many cruises. We are getting back on after you in Nov. Bon Voyage!!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/13/2023 at 9:43 AM, ak1004 said:

We got our flights for our May 2024 cruise. Both are direct flights from/to Toronto with Air Canada. So far so good.

An update:

Looks like I spoke too early. The flights they gave us were for arrival the same date. When I requested to fly to Venice 2 days early, they quoted $1,100 CAD ($800 USD) per person to change the date. Those are the same flights, just flying 2 days earlier. I thought the deviation fee is $150 USD per person??

1 hour ago, ak1004 said:

The flights they gave us were for arrival the same date. When I requested to fly to Venice 2 days early, they quoted $1,100 CAD ($800 USD) per person to change the date. Those are the same flights, just flying 2 days earlier. I thought the deviation fee is $150 USD per person??

To date, we have only had one instance where we scored contract flights with no deviation or upcharge to fly in 2 days early and that was the first time we sailed with them in 2022.

Since then, when requesting flights thru Silversea Air to arrive any time other than the scheduled sail date or disembark date, our experience was being told the following:

1.  We can book the flights, but there will be a deviation fee which can sometimes be a random amount.  Sometimes the deviation fee is waived if we stay at a Silversea hotel, sometimes not.

2.  We do not have contract flights for that day but you can purchase our non contract flights. Sometimes they are cheaper than booking yourself and sometimes not.

3.  We do not have contract flights on that day, nor can we provide non contract flights for you to purchase - you need to book flights yourself and take the air credit.

Currently, our persistent TA is trying to work on flights with SilverAir to arrive 2 days early and is facing option #3 above. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CruzinFeraBruzin said:

To date, we have only had one instance where we scored contract flights with no deviation or upcharge to fly in 2 days early and that was the first time we sailed with them in 2022.

Since then, when requesting flights thru Silversea Air to arrive any time other than the scheduled sail date or disembark date, our experience was being told the following:

1.  We can book the flights, but there will be a deviation fee which can sometimes be a random amount.  Sometimes the deviation fee is waived if we stay at a Silversea hotel, sometimes not.

2.  We do not have contract flights for that day but you can purchase our non contract flights. Sometimes they are cheaper than booking yourself and sometimes not.

3.  We do not have contract flights on that day, nor can we provide non contract flights for you to purchase - you need to book flights yourself and take the air credit.

Currently, our persistent TA is trying to work on flights with SilverAir to arrive 2 days early and is facing option #3 above. 

Well, in our case it's #1. They do have contract flights on the same date we want to fly (2 days early), but asking $800 per person to change them.

We scheduled !4! days ahead for our 1 way business class to LIS for a TA and only had to pay the standard $150 deviation.  However, we did this immediately after the original booking, and fares have gone up considerably since then.  Might be a different story if we tried to switch to an earlier departure now.