Why I Love Silversea Air!

boccenana

2 minutes ago, canderson said:

So what did you think of the food service on "Royal Jordanian"? 😅

HaHa…no food service but we had a beautiful Four Seasons catered lunch in Petra before our return to Amman.  It was a long day but memorable…an amazing dinner party atop the Citadel that night.

• 2 weeks later...

Flying from SFO to ANC (Alaska ) next year.  Have been told no business class is being offered.  How do I go about 1) picking our seats for our flights booked thru SSAir .. have assigned flights in my.ss booking page but no confirm number as of yet, I think I won't get those until 120 days out???   and 2)Is there a way to pay for an upgrade either using cash or points?  TIA 

Thanks Stumble… yes,  I’ve gone thru these 7 pages, but must have missed something…and used the search .. I’ve tried wording it different ways but I could not seem to get the answer to come up… so I chose to be brave and dare ask a repeat question!🫢😄😄

5 hours ago, Kalscruise said:

Flying from SFO to ANC (Alaska ) next year.  Have been told no business class is being offered.  How do I go about 1) picking our seats for our flights booked thru SSAir .. have assigned flights in my.ss booking page but no confirm number as of yet, I think I won't get those until 120 days out???   and 2)Is there a way to pay for an upgrade either using cash or points?  TIA 

You need to ask your SS rep or your travel agent to get you the record locator number.  Once you have that you will need to use it on the airline website to access your flight.  Some airlines won't allow you to make changes to the seats until after SS has fully paid.  I don't know if upgrades will be possibly; I am pretty sure it's dependent on the specific airline and their contract with SS.  You can always try and see what happens.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Kalskruise said:

Thanks Stumble… yes,  I’ve gone thru these 7 pages, but must have missed something…and used the search…

Sorry that I wasn’t clear as I wasn’t referring to these 7-pages, but rather the hundreds of topics within the SS forum.  

Good luck in your quest!  Someone will surely be able to help you out here.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Kalskruise said:

Thanks Stumble… yes,  I’ve gone thru these 7 pages, but must have missed something…and used the search .. I’ve tried wording it different ways but I could not seem to get the answer to come up… so I chose to be brave and dare ask a repeat question!🫢😄😄

My TA gave me the PNR/record locator.  I could only select seats once SS had paid for the flights and they were ticketed.  Every time I went into the booking, a notice displayed advising seat “not yet ticketed”.  Once the seat was ticketed, I selected my seats and I lodged an upgrade request in the usual way.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2023 at 2:56 PM, Kalscruise said:

Flying from SFO to ANC (Alaska ) next year.  Have been told no business class is being offered.

SFO-ANC non-stop service is on either AS or UA.  In both cases, there is no "business class" even available.  What is provided are a first class cabin (which is domestic first, not anything approaching intercontinental first or business) and a coach cabin.  The equipment for both airlines is a 737.

How do I go about 1) picking our seats for our flights booked thru SSAir .. have assigned flights in my.ss booking page but no confirm number as of yet,

This far out, you have a placeholder.  One that can change between now and when your actual tickets will be issued.

Is there a way to pay for an upgrade either using cash or points?  TIA

It completely depends on the fare rules of the ticket that you are issued.  And you will almost certainly not know that until you have a record locator AND the ability to research the specific fare that applies to that ticket.

Remember that most all cruiseline air is under a bulk contract and usually does NOT follow the fare rules for public published tickets.

Finally, just because someone else was able to upgrade a ticket has ZERO bearing on whether or not YOUR ticket will be upgradeable.  Or even if there is any inventory available for upgrades.

There is one sure way to get a seat in the premium cabin.  Buy it yourself on the open market.

Caveat emptor.

Edited by FlyerTalker
  • Like 3