AARP Rewards eGift Cards

Uncle Sugar

16 hours ago, MTNestr said:

I haven’t asked them yet.  The Cruise is March 2024 so I’m thinking ahead.  I need about $9000 worth and I don’t want them to tell me that they won’t use them when payment comes do.  

We use the big box and the GC's have been no problem 🙂

16 minutes ago, MTNestr said:

How many do you give then at one time?  Do you spread them out over several days / weeks?

I give them all that I have at any given time. It's never been an issue, and I've had a lot! 😂

• 4 weeks later...

I'm on the way out the dorr so I don't have time to do a search - hoping someone will have the answer when I get back home later today.

Yesterday I gave my TA a list of eleven $500 Princess gift cards to pay off an upcoming cruise.  She responded that 10 had processed but one came back saying it had a zero balance.  I had checked the balances on all of them before I sent them to her.  When I check that card it also says zero.  I called the Princess Gift Card place from the website and she checked and said it had a zero balance as of yesterday - that it had been used yesterday (along with the other 10).  My TA says it's empty so they can't do anything.  I submitted an inquiry to the same Gift Card office to see what they could tell me but got a reply this morning that they can only check the balance - not where it went.

I know in reading this thread over time others have had issues.  If you did - how did you get it resolved???  Thanks.

Brian

14 minutes ago, bjkTX said:

I'm on the way out the dorr so I don't have time to do a search - hoping someone will have the answer when I get back home later today.

Yesterday I gave my TA a list of eleven $500 Princess gift cards to pay off an upcoming cruise.  She responded that 10 had processed but one came back saying it had a zero balance.  I had checked the balances on all of them before I sent them to her.  When I check that card it also says zero.  I called the Princess Gift Card place from the website and she checked and said it had a zero balance as of yesterday - that it had been used yesterday (along with the other 10).  My TA says it's empty so they can't do anything.  I submitted an inquiry to the same Gift Card office to see what they could tell me but got a reply this morning that they can only check the balance - not where it went.

I know in reading this thread over time others have had issues.  If you did - how did you get it resolved???  Thanks.

Brian

Call AARP, they will connect you to the department that handles their gift cards. This has happened to me with one of the cards I bought and was resolved by them contacting Princess. Just have the order number, date of order, gift card number, pin number and amount to give them. It took a few weeks and a couple calls, but the amount was put back on the original card I bought. Good luck. 

Cheers - Ken & Darlene

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, bjkTX said:

Brian

I had this issue a couple of months ago. Call AARP Rewards and ask them to investigate. If you have specific times that you checked the balance on the card that will be helpful. It took a couple of weeks in my case and I never did find out what the issue was. Someone in Princess accounting was able to tell me that the card had been redeemed several hours before I purchased it (but couldn't tell which account it was applied to), so you might want to start there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bjkTX said:

Brian

Yes, agree with the others responses. Except, I did not call PCL, because they could not fix it in the gift card dept.

Call AARP and tell them you need them to investigate it.  They have a contact at PCL that can fix it for them.  

Problem is…DO NOT have them enter that many cards at one time!  It is a security flag.  Just enter maybe 5-8 at a time, wait about 10 minutes and add another 5-8. 

BTW, AARP fixed mine by the next day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kenosha Cruiser said:

Call AARP, they will connect you to the department that handles their gift cards. This has happened to me with one of the cards I bought and was resolved by them contacting Princess. Just have the order number, date of order, gift card number, pin number and amount to give them. It took a few weeks and a couple calls, but the amount was put back on the original card I bought. Good luck. 

Cheers - Ken & Darlene

Thanks!  I wish I had all that info 🙂  I have the gift card number and PIN but had bought a couple of dozen of them over the last year or so and all the AARP site shows is that cards were purchased - not the card numbers.  But I'll contact them and see how it goes 🙂

Just now, bjkTX said:

Thanks!  I wish I had all that info 🙂  I have the gift card number and PIN but had bought a couple of dozen of them over the last year or so and all the AARP site shows is that cards were purchased - not the card numbers.  But I'll contact them and see how it goes 🙂

You don’t have them in your email?

Thank goodness you have the number and pin.  They usually ask “when” you purchased them.  Good luck.

5 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

You don’t have them in your email?

Thank goodness you have the number and pin.  They usually ask “when” you purchased them.  Good luck.

No I don't - and I'm not sure why not 🙂  I bought them some time ago when I booked the cruise(s) and I remember seeing all the email notices in a file somewhere - but now I don't see them so I'm assuming that once I printed out the certificates and deleted all the emails.  I have another 13 sitting here for the next cruise - same thing...  Yeah, I know 🙂

I just "chatted" with AARP Rewards and after a lot of back and forth he said they couldn't help me that I needed to contact Princess.....  I am expecting a call back from them (holding breath)..

I just got a call back from Princess (not the gift  card office) - as hard as it was to understand what the lady was saying - what I did understand was that the gift card had been applied, the cruise was paid for, and what did I want to do with the balance (there was $180 left - I told her to leave it on the account as OBC).  So all's well that ends well after 5 calls, 3 emails and one long chat bot session when all I needed was the last call 🙂

• Like 3

1 hour ago, fzrider said:

I have been purchasing max allowable Princess Gift cards each month.

I just logged into AARP to purchase for Aug and find they are now discounted only 8% rather than the 10% previously.

I just read this on a Princess fb group as well.  They said Princess was the only one that changed and the other cruise line gift cards were still at 10% discount.  I purchased the final three I needed to pay off my upcoming cruises first thing this morning when I got up and they were still at 10%. I'm glad I'm an early riser and squeaked under the wire!  Hopefully they'll go back to 10%.  

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, bjkTX said:

I just got a call back from Princess (not the gift  card office) - as hard as it was to understand what the lady was saying - what I did understand was that the gift card had been applied, the cruise was paid for, and what did I want to do with the balance (there was $180 left - I told her to leave it on the account as OBC).  So all's well that ends well after 5 calls, 3 emails and one long chat bot session when all I needed was the last call 🙂

Yes, it’s a shame we can’t get through to the right dept.

Thanks for feedback.

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

Yes, it’s a shame we can’t get through to the right dept.

Thanks for feedback.

Now it's getting interesting 🙂  I emailed my TA to tell her what Princess said and asked her to confirm and send me the Paid In Full invoice.  She just came back and said whoever I talked to at Princess was wrong and that I still had a $320 balance due since that gift card didn't process.  At the same time I received that I received a "Paid in full" email from Princess that I just sent to my TA 🙂  I hope someone has the popcorn ready.  BTW I mentioned to her about the suggestion not to batch input the gift cards and she replied that they do them one at a time 🙂  I tried to get on the AARP Rewards site to see about the change in the discount amount but it won't let me into the Rewards area at all - it keeps sending me to the "Get Started with Rewards" over and over again.  Maybe I've been blocked 🙂

44 minutes ago, bjkTX said:

Now it's getting interesting 🙂  I emailed my TA to tell her what Princess said and asked her to confirm and send me the Paid In Full invoice.  She just came back and said whoever I talked to at Princess was wrong and that I still had a $320 balance due since that gift card didn't process.  At the same time I received that I received a "Paid in full" email from Princess that I just sent to my TA 🙂  I hope someone has the popcorn ready.  BTW I mentioned to her about the suggestion not to batch input the gift cards and she replied that they do them one at a time 🙂  I tried to get on the AARP Rewards site to see about the change in the discount amount but it won't let me into the Rewards area at all - it keeps sending me to the "Get Started with Rewards" over and over again.  Maybe I've been blocked 🙂

Yes, they do them one at a time, but once you get close to 10, it’s rejects one of them.  

So, they said add about 5-8 and them wait 5-10 mins, then add more.  

I think on the next cruise, I’ll add some before FP and then the rest on FP day.

I would just sign out of Aarp and give it 30 mins and log into it again.  They probably are updating your account.  

2 hours ago, pompeii said:

I just read this on a Princess fb group as well.  They said Princess was the only one that changed and the other cruise line gift cards were still at 10% discount.  I purchased the final three I needed to pay off my upcoming cruises first thing this morning when I got up and they were still at 10%. I'm glad I'm an early riser and squeaked under the wire!  Hopefully they'll go back to 10%.  

Maybe they have decided that 10% on 10's of 1000's of dollars worth of cards sold is too much to lose.

I sent the Paid in Fill notice I received from Princess to my TA who just came back and said they are wrong - you still owe $320.....  I just sent that to Princess and asked who was right........

1 hour ago, bjkTX said:

I sent the Paid in Fill notice I received from Princess to my TA who just came back and said they are wrong - you still owe $320.....  I just sent that to Princess and asked who was right........

Did you know the exact balance and what the balance should be?  Do you show any obc under payments or credits in the cruise personalizer?  Or your travel summary?

When I use them, I usually use them and the leftover odd amount I use my credit card.  I know the exact amount I owe.

Go over the figures.

• Like 1