Entertainment books??

lozzajelly

The Entertainment books are generally well worth the money; however I have never been able to use the cruise coupons since the price basis for them always results in a higher price than I can get without them..

They are great if you are going to be spending an extra day or so in port at the beginning/end of the cruise. Restaurant coupons are usually buy one get one free deals.. 2 high end joints, and it's paid for itself. get decent upgrades on car rentals, too, and attraction tickets can sometimes save a few bucks here and there.

We buy one every year for whatever city we happen to be stationed at at the time, and usually have recouped our money very quickly just in restaurants.

If you don't want to order an Entertainment book directly, check with Barnes & Noble, or your favorite charity, I know that the Civil Air Patrol squadrons around my home sell them, and I bought mine from an employee association at work. There are two different books here, Entertainment and Enjoy, most of the coupons and such are the same, but there's enough difference that you might want to check both out.

Enjoy--- never mind, sorry it's a Pittsburgh thing only, my bad

Entertainment---http://www.entertainment.com/

Several things about the Entertainment book, there are coupons in there for car rentals, dining, movies and all kind of stuff in your town, but you can go to their website and register your book, and it gives you the option to download coupons for other towns, or find out what restaurants and such in the area will accept your card. Hope this helps some.

Spookwife- tell Mr. Spook that submariners hide with pride! Can you tell that I've read several of your posts?

Hehehehe.. He was an FC in a former life "If it flies, it dies"

I think most everyone is done with this thread so I'll take a chance on getting flamed for hijacking. I had a little friendly shoot out with a P3 driver not long ago about them hunting us. The only way they ever found a sub was if we were close enough for them to accidently detect us with MAD, and that wasn't often. We could hear their propellors long before they could detect us, so we'd just go deep and giggle as they passed over. They usually have spooks onboard, don't they? LOL. Or is Mr. Spook one of those lucky dogs that is permanently on shore duty?? From a retired "steely eyed killer of the deep". :rolleyes:

with his record on sea duty, it might be better if he WAS permenently on shore duty. He's decommed every ship he's been permanently assigned too.

Currently at NPS, the O4 Board gets a look at him next month. almost a definite NSA slot after he leaves here. He DOES want to go back to sea though.. he loves it underway. HE gets to see sunsets;) :p

with his record on sea duty, it might be better if he WAS permenently on shore duty. He's decommed every ship he's been permanently assigned too.

Currently at NPS, the O4 Board gets a look at him next month. almost a definite NSA slot after he leaves here. He DOES want to go back to sea though.. he loves it underway. HE gets to see sunsets;) :p

Okay, what is NPS, to me it means Nuke Power School! I know NSA, that would be a kicking assignment. I used to enjoy underways, for a while, but we didn't see any sunsets, or sunrises, or.... anything except 60 cycle sunshine (flourescent lights) and manufactured atmosphere.

Naval Postgraduate School.. Yourtax dollars are paying for his Masters degree in Computer Science /Information Security. Now if only you'd kick in what the $125/ Quarter he gets for books doesn't cover....:D

Excellent, milk it baby!!! Get all you can, it all benefits the Navy in the long run, might as well benefit yourself for when he gets his last promotion and they can call him Mr. without the sneer. LOL. I only had three classes left when I retired from the Navy. I'm taking them now, courtesy of the VA Hospital System, which is who I work for now. Again, they think that helping their employees will help them. I can't argue. Just got to pass Calculus 2 this next semester and I'm done with the bachelors. Then to start the Masters, sigh. I'm probably a little older than your husband though. Just before I retired, they pretty much told us all that in order to make Master Chief, you're going to have to have a bachelors now. I was a little surprised, but not that much. I think that made more Chiefs mad than having to shave their beards back in '84. At least I know my tax dollars are going to good use via your husbands school, and not into crack or some such thing, so that doesn't bother me a bit.

Archived