NCL Bad Reviews

dmbcanada

On 6/6/2023 at 7:21 AM, mcmomny said:

I did not say "old" I said lazy, those who moan and groan that the elevators are taking to long and push their way onto a crowd elevator only to go one deck.

By the way, I'm a retiree also!

And some of us have bad knees that make climbing stairs very painful.. We can walk OK on level ground but stairs are for the birds.

• Thanks 1

On 6/11/2023 at 10:20 AM, complawyer said:

i have been on roughly 25 cruises since 2010, all with ncl.

that being said, i can honestly say, we have never had a "bad" cruise,

to date, i really have nothing to complain about for any of the past cruises we have taken.

By way of background info, that includes the ill-fated cruise on the Star in 2016-17, which sailed for more than two months at half speed, missing many ports and arriving late at others, because it was limping along on only one of its two Azipod propellers. 

I was on board the Star for part of that "around the world" cruise, also, although a different segment of it than @complawyer.  I can honestly say that despite finding ourselves adrift in the Tasman Sea, it was one of the most fun cruises I've ever taken.

hey traveling man, we 1st boarded the star in hong kong. when we got on board we were advised of the problem. ncl was much more generous then, than they apparently are now. we were offered a full refund if we chose not to continue (this was never really an option a(1) we were already in hong kong (2) the cruise ended in signapore, we were booked into a hotel there for 3 extra days, and our return flight was after  our stay. 

the other alternative offered, was to refund 1/2 the cost of this fare, which was great since we had a suite, and an additional 50% any future flight. we were 14 days in a penthouse suite for less that $4,000.

while i was disappointed we didnt get to taipei, cambodia, and most of all hanoi (being a vietnam vet, i really, really wanted to see hanoi) but all things being considered, i (as you) enjoyed the cruise, and as always my only complaint was that the hamburger  buns fell apart before i was finished with the burger 

small price to pay? No?