Switching people around

tzeb

My husband and I each booked a room and rather than cancel, we thought about inviting friends.  Can we switch who is in which room at check in or just get extra keys?  We both have great deals that are better than our friends offers.  Just a thought but understand it may not work.

We book two rooms and just have guest services do the switch once we board. Kids in one room us in another. They just issue additional key cards at no charge.

In our case the bookings still have the correct names on them, they are just in the wrong rooms.

I may be reading two much into your question:

You will need to make sure that the bookings show the correct names of the people boarding the ship. 

You used to be allowed to change the name on a booking for $50, but this was pre Covid. I haven’t had to do that in a while

I have done this a couple of times.  Not a big deal.  For one cruise, guest services moved us and printed new sail and sign cards.  The other cruise, they just issued us 2 room keys.  Just make sure both people being moved go to guest services together.