hotels Papeete and day rate rooms

LastSBwithG

We are looking at the Hilton Papeete for three nights before our cruise.  It seems to have more near by than the Intercontinental and is more reasonable in price.  Does anyone know of a day room hotel for the end of the cruise.  Sailing back in the early am and not flying out to late evening will make a really long day.  Ideally one that offers transfers from pier and to airport.

thanks any advice is appreciated.

Just stayed 3 days at the Hilton, very nice property with multiple restaurants and an enclosed walkway to a small shopping area with a supermarket. Have you inquired with them for a day room?

We are staying there for three nights before the cruise.  Glad to hear that you liked it.  I’ll contact them directly& ask. Our travel agent said Intercontinental would not offer a day rate or The Pearl even though Oceana site said both would. 
We’re you on a cruise of Tahiti?

First Oceania cruises after over 10 with main lines. Absolutely loved it and loved Regatta. We're booking another right now for the end of the year. We're converts now and will probably never go back to the big ships. The food, the staff who greet you by name, the ambience of the ship and the value. It's for us!

• Like 2

Thanks Sophie did they let you have a late check out? Otherwise we would have to book for two days, most hotels you can’t check in till 3 or 4 so that wouldn’t be much help when flying out that night?

I’ll call them

thanks

We took a half day tour of Papeete when we disembarked and checked in after normal checkin time, which I think was 11 am— pretty early anyway. Our flight was at 11:30 pm, so we only used it to nap and shower. 

Guest ldtr
On 6/5/2023 at 4:29 PM, LastSBwithG said:

We are staying there for three nights before the cruise.  Glad to hear that you liked it.  I’ll contact them directly& ask. Our travel agent said Intercontinental would not offer a day rate or The Pearl even though Oceana site said both would. 
We’re you on a cruise of Tahiti?

Intercontinental used to offer day rates.  Though their availability was limited based upon bookings. 

They seem to stopped offering them during  Covid and have not restarted the practice.

5 hours ago, ldtr said:

Intercontinental used to offer day rates.  Though their availability was limited based upon bookings. 

They seem to stopped offering them during  Covid and have not restarted the practice.

Wrong thread- sorry

Guest ldtr
9 hours ago, LastSBwithG said:

Thanks

You still might contact them directly. I have found their concierge to be very responsive to questions.

We sailed from LA to Papeett on Serina 2017. Booked day rate at intercontinental .

Took a few phone calls from US and one call from the concierge on the ship in the middle of the Pacific to confirm. 

Great hotel have stayed there 3 times since 1997.

So inconsistent. We stayed there in March, booked two rooms for the first night. Were told that we could not book a day room for the following day, had to book one room at the overnight rate in order to stay until 6:00pm.

Our friends had stayed there 3 nights pre cruise and got it arranged. There were probably a dozen others we saw who were also wearing the wristbands and had been on our cruise over Easter!

Edited by madera1

7 hours ago, LastSBwithG said:

Thanks I’ll call them.  Travel agent was told they did not have day rooms.  Did you book through the cruise line?

Might try e-mail to the concierge and then follow up with a call if necessary.

I would suspect that the inconsistency varies depending upon how booked they are since the day rooms are subject to availability.  

The Intercontinental no longer books day rooms in advance.  You need to call them 10 days prior to check if they can do this for you.  Obviously depends on their room availability and schedule of arrivals for the day in question.

You could also try Fare Suisse as they have done day rooms in the past.

On 6/5/2023 at 2:53 PM, LastSBwithG said:

We are looking at the Hilton Papeete for three nights before our cruise.  It seems to have more near by than the Intercontinental and is more reasonable in price.  Does anyone know of a day room hotel for the end of the cruise.  Sailing back in the early am and not flying out to late evening will make a really long day.  Ideally one that offers transfers from pier and to airport.

thanks any advice is appreciated.

At Tahiti, the Intercontinental is a far better property than the Hilton. And, if you’re an ICH FF, contact them beforehand if you want a day room at a reasonable cost.

11 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

At Tahiti, the Intercontinental is a far better property than the Hilton. And, if you’re an ICH FF, contact them beforehand if you want a day room at a reasonable cost.

In some ways a better property, however, their food service leaves a lot to be desired.  At least it was the two times I stayed there last year.