NCLH Shareholders benefit

sable1

2 minutes ago, edgee said:

Yeah, well I tried that and got this reply from my TA:"I called Oceania and spoke with xxxx; he advised that the $250 Shareholder Benefit is on your account, but it is listed under gifts and cannot be seen on your online account with Oceania." Again, not a big enough deal to fight about, but I have two additional Oceania cruises and one Regent cruise booked in next 18 months. Will be interesting to see if there is consistency in the way they are posted to my account.

Sounds like you have tried all of the angles - as long as it is on your invoice (take a copy with you) you will be fine.  As you said, you didn't need it book shore excursions so enjoy onboard.  I have 3 upcoming O cruises and the shareholder is reflected the same on both the invoice and website booking.  These had it added in May all on the same day.  Maybe same person handled all 3 and entered in the same manner.

If the stock is jointly owned, the Shareholder Benefit is divided for each. That is the way ours was credited. I got half and my husband for the other half.

Mine is listed as Gift Orders Complimentary Stateroom Shipboard Credit.

It is as clear as mud but as long as get the credit, how they account for it is fine with me.  I am sure they have their reasons for doing it the way they do. It just doesn't make total sense to some of us.

3 minutes ago, Pearl64 said:

If the stock is jointly owned, the Shareholder Benefit is divided for each. That is the way ours was credited. I got half and my husband for the other half.

Mine is listed as Gift Orders Complimentary Stateroom Shipboard Credit.

It is as clear as mud but as long as get the credit, how they account for it is fine with me.  I am sure they have their reasons for doing it the way they do. It just doesn't make total sense to some of us.

Agree that as long as we get the credit, not a big deal, but not sure anyone at Oceania could explain a good reason for the inconsistency.

2 hours ago, Pearl64 said:

It doesn't seem to matter if the stock is jointly owned or not.  In my case, I am the owner of the stock; however, they split the benefit equally between me and my husband.....not that it matters much since all room charges will go onto one card.  But it seemed odd to me that they didn't just apply it to my account as the sole owner of the stock.

If I were traveling with a friend rather than with my husband, would they have given half of my shareholder benefit to my friend?

Edited by vlthom

1 hour ago, vlthom said:

It doesn't seem to matter if the stock is jointly owned or not.  In my case, I am the owner of the stock; however, they split the benefit equally between me and my husband.....not that it matters much since all room charges will go onto one card.  But it seemed odd to me that they didn't just apply it to my account as the sole owner of the stock.

If I were traveling with a friend rather than with my husband, would they have given half of my shareholder benefit to my friend?

The amount is per stateroom and is split between the two passengers regardless of which person (or both) holds ownership. I own the shares but our $250 credit shows as $125 per person.

22 hours ago, PaulMCO said:

And you can do this anytime in advance.  I have one on Regent for a 2025 that was posted in two days.

Curious about that… if you happened to sell your stock before the cruise, would they become aware of that, and remove the benefit?🤔

Not that I would sell mine, but just curious if they monitor your ownership eligibility.  
And if they did, it would be nice if they would automatically apply that benefit to all future cruises, without the need to apply each time…🤷‍♂️

3 minutes ago, bob brown said:

Curious about that… if you happened to sell your stock before the cruise, would they become aware of that, and remove the benefit?🤔

Not that I would sell mine, but just curious if they monitor your ownership eligibility.  
And if they did, it would be nice if they would automatically apply that benefit to all future cruises, without the need to apply each time…🤷‍♂️

The terms state --

"The Shareholder must own the Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. stock at time of sailing. Credit is applied on a per stateroom/suite basis.

So Technically yes.  The question is it worth monitoring this to save $100-$250 once someone has gone out the way to request same.  This seems to be a manual process.

I treat NCL as an investment as my shares are greater than the 100. My 100 shares in Carnival was only for the credit for the Seabourn cruises we have taken post COVID.

on the other side ===>  I doubt if they would be proactive to award incentives without requesting and give away money...

"

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bob brown said:

If you hold your stock "directly" (with your name on the stock "certificate"),

NCLH would know you sold it because they have to issue a new one with the new guy's name.

Most stock is held "in street name" with your broker's name on the certificate, so NCLH would never hear you sold it -- well, unless you told them or your broker broke the law.

Like not playing games with corkage, Oceania treats us like trustworthy adults so please don't play games with this, either.

• 4 weeks later...

I'll give them credit for being the one area of Oceania that really seems on the ball to me.  Submitted my request late last night (July 4th no less), and by midafternoon I already have paperwork forwarded from my ta that shows the credit.

17 hours ago, piper28 said:

I'll give them credit for being the one area of Oceania that really seems on the ball to me.  Submitted my request late last night (July 4th no less), and by midafternoon I already have paperwork forwarded from my ta that shows the credit.

I agree.  It was done very swiftly each time I’ve made a request for the shareholder benefit.  I was impressed with their efficiency in this case.