Researching Insurance Options for 5 including 90 yr old MIL

I'm starting to research insurance options for our trip in 2024 with NCL. We are on 2 reservations, one for each cabin. Will get insurance for all of us together. When I get quotes for the cost of each traveler, do I take the total and divide or do I go by what the cruise line shows for cost of each person on the confirmation? We are also looking for CFAR, since we need to be watchful of hurricane's.

Got a quote from bigbox TA's Covermore (didn't buy cruise through them and they just asked for cost for each person and not any ages) for about 5% of cruise cost, so $650. Need to see if CFAR is included or extra so I am printing the whole policy now to make sure I understand all they cover, but so far coverage seems very good. Will also check Travel Guard and Travel Insured. 

Any advice on what else to look out for our what I should make sure it covers with a 90 yr old MIL?

Why not contact www.TripInsuranceStore.com

They are a broker and deal with several vetted travel insurers (including Travel Insured, which is what we've used).

But CALL them; don't rely upon short policy summaries.  The "fine print" can *really* matter...

You'll be able to compare choices and prices, and they'll help you figure out what types of coverage might be useful (the questions they sometimes ask can be as important as the questions you ask them).

And they can help with claims if that ever becomes a problem.

We've purchased quite a few policies, and had several claims, including a few large ones, all of which were paid promptly.

GC

• Like 1

1) Do all passengers live in the same State (or country for that matter)? Insurance is heavily regulated in each US State. (Aunt Sally in Missouri may not be covered by a policy purchased in Illinois)

2) If Aunt Sally is listed as passenger 3 in cabin XYZ, but paid 1/3 of total cabin price for 3 people, the canceled or whatever, she would only be reimbursed at the 3rd person rate.

3) CFAR purchased from a 3rd party (not the cruise line policy) generally requires that the CFAR rider be exercised at least 48 hours prior to your scheduled departure and the policy must be purchased 14 to 21 days after initial deposit of trip.

4) Waiver of pre-existing medical conditions for traveling and non-traveling family members would be a requirement in my book.

5) The travel insurance medical coverage being a "Primary" rather than a secondary would also be a requirement in my book.

• Like 1