What color of nail polish?

Munchkin1

I am going to have my nails done in a french manicure, but I'm not sure what color to do my toenails. I don't want to have to take a bunch of different polish with me on the trip so I would prefer to just choose a color and stick with that for the entire trip. Anyone have any ideas?

I usually like a bright red in the summer and a darker red/wine in the winter. Occasionally a coral if I'm tan. What shades will look good on you depend on your skin tone, to a certain extent (ie what exact shade of red). You could really wear almost any color!

Another vote for red. I always try to find a shade works well with whatever I'm wearing. I have WAY too many sandals and some colors just don't work well.

My favorites are: OPI Red (true red), Wanted Red or Alive (pinky red) and French Cognac (brown/ red).

I do the french on my fingernails too for our cruise. Then I put red red on my toes!! It just makes for an exciting feeling. I like my nails done in the pink and whites so they look extra special.

Have a great cruise. We leave in just over 2 weeks for the Enchantment!!

It depends on my shoe and dress color, whatever polish looks good is fine with me. I also like to make sure the color looks good with my skin.

Why would you need to take polish with you? I get a pedicure every 6 weeks in winter, every 4 weeks in summer and I never have a problem with polish chipping off my toes. Are you using a good base coat and a non-yellowing top coat? You really don't need to go the route of professional manicure, if you do it properly yourself, the polish should still last for weeks.

It's the light packer coming out in me.

While I would love to wear red on my toe nails in the summer, I think it would call too much attention to my long & somewhat crooked toes. I have a darker skin tone & a girly pale pink looks best on me. If it is not pink then I do french. When I do french, some of my friends make fun & call me monkey foot.

Archived