Venice (Fusina) vs Venice (Trieste)

mrlevin

Most of the 2023 Trieste departures have been changed to Fusina EXCEPT the Grandeur 18 November.  There was a report on here a while back that the Grandeur would also be moving to Fusina but nothing has happened.  If we are to leave from Trieste I would like to spend last night before cruise in Trieste instead of Venice.  If Fusina, obviously I would stay in Venice.  We are in Venice for almost a week before this cruise.

Does anyone have definite information one way or the other?  Or, is the decision still TBD?  We are getting close.

thanks,

Marc

I have no definitive information whatsoever. The only reason I think that this particular cruise may actually leave from Trieste instead of Venice is that it is the inaugural cruise and the shipyard is in Trieste.

1 minute ago, BBWC said:

I have no definitive information whatsoever. The only reason I think that this particular cruise may actually leave from Trieste instead of Venice is that it is the inaugural cruise and the shipyard is in Trieste.

Grandeur's shipyard was in Ancona in mid eastern Italy. I had been watching the construction via the Viking ship that was  built along-side the Grandeur. You can also see via Google Maps (dated sky view). I doubt that she she moved!