Formal Nights & Dine My Way Question

Boiler Cruiser

I am at the Platinum Level in the Captain's Circle and would like to make dinner reservations on the Princess App for my upcoming cruise. 

However, I don't know how to find out which 2 nights on my 10-day cruise are going to be formal nights.  Since my wife and I do not participate in formal night, we would like to avoid the Main Dining Rooms on those nights.

I understand that formal nights are usually on sea days, but on my cruise there are several.  Which ones will be formal nights?

Does anyone know how to find out on a given cruise what nights will be formal nights?

Thanks.

2 minutes ago, Boiler Cruiser said:

I am at the Platinum Level in the Captain's Circle

If that is the case, and I am not sure what the connection is, then as you have cruised before with Princess you will be aware that you are normally only given that information once you are on the ship.

15 minutes ago, Boiler Cruiser said:

I am at the Platinum Level in the Captain's Circle and would like to make dinner reservations on the Princess App for my upcoming cruise. 

However, I don't know how to find out which 2 nights on my 10-day cruise are going to be formal nights.  Since my wife and I do not participate in formal night, we would like to avoid the Main Dining Rooms on those nights.

I understand that formal nights are usually on sea days, but on my cruise there are several.  Which ones will be formal nights?

Does anyone know how to find out on a given cruise what nights will be formal nights?

Thanks.

We would need to have your itinerary details in order to let you know the formal nights.  

More significant is that you should not worry in the least about heading to the DR on a Formal Night in Smart Casual clothing.

ETA:  Your initial events listing will document all of the designated "special" nights (not all nights are called "Formal" anymore).  Also, a Formal Night will never ever be the embarkation night nor the final night.  Please reply with itinerary and many of us can tell you with 99% likelihood which nights it will be for you.  (Just the ship and date will do as we can look it up on Princess.com).

Edited by Steelers36

11 minutes ago, david63 said:

If that is the case, and I am not sure what the connection is, then as you have cruised before with Princess you will be aware that you are normally only given that information once you are on the ship.

True, but many folks want to secure their dining res well before stepping onto the ship.

It would have been helpful to know which sailing you were referring to. Let's say for example it's your upcoming Eastern Caribbean and Tortola. The first full sea day is the one after Princess Cays, and the only possibility as all the rest of the days are port days near the beginning of your cruise. The last two days are sea days and since it will never be the last day, as folks set out their luggage, the first of those two days, the night after Tortola port, would be my guess for that itinerary.

Edited by mtnesterz
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Boiler Cruiser said:

Since my wife and I do not participate in formal night, we would like to avoid the Main Dining Rooms on those nights.

You do realize that you're missing some of the better selections that Princess offers.