Car rental in Galveston after cruise. We have a late afternoon flight

hrmkr

Hello,

I am looking for options to rent a car after getting off the cruise since our flight does not leave until 4:30 pm and don't feel like sitting in the airport for 6 hours. 

I looked and there is an Enterprise on the island but they are closed on Sunday.

Thanks for the help

I just looked and there are several rental car companies in La Marque.  17 miles away.

Would it make sense to take an uber there and get the car and have it until we need to be at the airport?

I rented a car from Avis because my company gets an amazing deal and I don’t pay extra for one way rentals.  We did this a few years ago and just took a taxi to the car rental place.  They open at 9 am so I will be able to take my time getting off the ship and still get to Space Center Houston for several hours before our 6 pm flight. Previously we went to the Houston Zoo but this trip will be mid August and considerably warmer outside. 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Reisdawg said:

I rented a car from Avis because my company gets an amazing deal and I don’t pay extra for one way rentals.  We did this a few years ago and just took a taxi to the car rental place.  They open at 9 am so I will be able to take my time getting off the ship and still get to Space Center Houston for several hours before our 6 pm flight. Previously we went to the Houston Zoo but this trip will be mid August and considerably warmer outside. 

Where is this Avis & what did taxi cost?

The Avis location is 11001 Delany Rd, La Marque, TX 77568 at something called the Gulfway Plaza Shopping Center.  We did this 5 years ago and it was around $30 I think.  When I check Uber it’s about $30-$50 one way to this location.  

• Thanks 1