Grand Princess Question

msvca

We will be on the Grand Princess in a couple of weeks.  We have one inside stateroom and one mini-suite.  Does anyone know how many outlets and usb ports are in an inside stateroom or a mini-suite?  How many are near the beds and how many are near the sitting/desk areas?  Trying to figure out what we need to pack so everyone's devices can be charged.  Thanks for any assistance.

Plan on one outlet near the desk.  There are two but only one is functional due to the size of power blocks.  Bring a power bar (that has outlets and multiple usb connections) that does not have a surge protector.  

The Grand does have USB A ports built into the lamp.  Not very fast charging.

You might find a hidden outlet behind the television if it is not wall mounted.

Bring a EU adapter that you can plug your lamp plug AND another power block into.  There are plugs behind the bed for the lamps that are 220 V.  ALL Apple devices are dual voltage.  So are most medical machines.  So are most Anker batteries.

Charge batteries during the day when you are out of the cabin.  Use at night to charge devices.   

• Like 1

@cr8tiv1 Thank you for all of the information.  Do you know if the inside cabins have fewer outlets than a mini-suite?  It will be just DH and I in the inside cabin and we will only have our phones/batteries to charge.  There will be 3 in the mini-suite and they will have more devices.

@msvca You and your husband will be fine in an inside. Find an inexpensive old fashion extension cord.  Or a multi-outlet charging device.  We were ok in an inside with, a power cube, rechargeable hearing aides, and: 2 phones, 2 watches,  2 iPads.  You can use the lamp plug, but it’s only usb A connector.  Sometimes it required “reservations”. Ha Ha

Just a warning - I had a power bar/strip (no surge capabilities) that I have brought on probably 30+ Princess cruises. It was confiscated on my Crown Princess cruise a few weeks ago as they thought it was a surge strip. It wasn't but I couldn't convince them otherwise. It was probably 20 plus years old - I would maybe look for one that doesn't look like a surge strip.

6 minutes ago, Coral said:

Just a warning - I had a power bar/strip (no surge capabilities) that I have brought on probably 30+ Princess cruises. It was confiscated on my Crown Princess cruise a few weeks ago as they thought it was a surge strip. It wasn't but I couldn't convince them otherwise. It was probably 20 plus years old - I would maybe look for one that doesn't look like a surge strip.

Happened to me too.  Now I carry "document" to "prove" that my IKEA power bar is NOT a surge protected device.  Hard to argue with security when their mind is made up.  

• Like 1