transfer from vancouver airport by princess to canada place

greener

The sky train is $6 for seniors and is at the airport and ends at Waterfront about 4 blocks from the pier. Cabs in Canada use a flat rate from airport to Canada Place and was about $30 Canadian dollars which is cheap for US after you convert

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

The sky train is $6 for seniors and is at the airport and ends at Waterfront about 4 blocks from the pier. Cabs in Canada use a flat rate from airport to Canada Place and was about $30 Canadian dollars which is cheap for US after you convert

It is now $38 CAD (or about 28 usd) plus tax and tip, but I agree more cost effective unless you’re travelling solo. It’s not a great distance like in some other ports. Less than 10 miles.

Edited by sunviking90

We took the train which was cheap and fast. The train station is half block away from the port. We just tap on and off using our credit card. No need in buying a ticket. 

Edited by DHP1

13 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Post cruise going from the ship to the Vancouver airport are taxi vans available or is Uber XL or Lyft XL a better option?  These are the only 3 options for us with 2 people, a scooter and 4 bags and a carry on.

Vancabs make up ~17% of the fleets of all the cab companies - so expect on average one in every 5 or 6 cabs in the 'first come, first served' queue at Canada Place (or at YVR) to be a van. With an obvious need for a van (the scooter) I know that at the YVR end it's the norm for us locals and many of the tourists to have a check behind us in the queue when a van rolls in - me and the missus never need a big vehicle, so if we see someone with a mobility device we invite them to take 'our' van and take the next wee Prius. Since the pier tends to run luggage heavy though, and there is no rule about prioritizing vans, I would expect that you are more likely to have to wait a little longer unless you get lucky and have several couples without excessive baggage just ahead of you... but you will get a van, just perhaps 5 mins longer wait than if any car would work for you.

If you want a firmer idea of timing, then use the LyftUber XL (or local Kabu Plus which offers similar big vehicle rideshare) but I would advise walking away from the pier a little - just a block down the street to the right, same side of the road, is the 'other half' of the conference centre which has a large swathe of sidewalk that's totally covered from rain. A pickup here has the benefit of avoiding Howe St bottleneck for access to the pier proper, but is still busy (the floatplane terminal is just beyond it) so odds of getting a trip accepted quickly by a nearby vehicle are probably better than right at the pier.

Other good option when specific vehicle needed is to use hotel bell staff - the Pan Pacific is right above the pier, and with a scooter you'll be taking an elevator or the walking ramp to get to street level rather than escalators. The former may bring you out literally inside the hotel lobby depending which bank you use, the latter you just turn right and go past Starbucks and there's the hotel door. Asking a bellman to call you a cab means they can specifically ask for an Accessible vehicle - and usually there's less wait time here or the Fairmont across the street than down under the pier, for both the reason of quicker access for the cars and also that they don't want to jeopardise relations with hotel staff... if Cab Company X fails to arrive promptly, or brings a Prius when a Van was requested, then maybe the hotel start calling Cab Company Y instead for all their guests...?

4 hours ago, martincath said:

Vancabs make up ~17% of the fleets of all the cab companies - so expect on average one in every 5 or 6 cabs in the 'first come, first served' queue at Canada Place (or at YVR) to be a van. With an obvious need for a van (the scooter) I know that at the YVR end it's the norm for us locals and many of the tourists to have a check behind us in the queue when a van rolls in - me and the missus never need a big vehicle, so if we see someone with a mobility device we invite them to take 'our' van and take the next wee Prius. Since the pier tends to run luggage heavy though, and there is no rule about prioritizing vans, I would expect that you are more likely to have to wait a little longer unless you get lucky and have several couples without excessive baggage just ahead of you... but you will get a van, just perhaps 5 mins longer wait than if any car would work for you.

If you want a firmer idea of timing, then use the LyftUber XL (or local Kabu Plus which offers similar big vehicle rideshare) but I would advise walking away from the pier a little - just a block down the street to the right, same side of the road, is the 'other half' of the conference centre which has a large swathe of sidewalk that's totally covered from rain. A pickup here has the benefit of avoiding Howe St bottleneck for access to the pier proper, but is still busy (the floatplane terminal is just beyond it) so odds of getting a trip accepted quickly by a nearby vehicle are probably better than right at the pier.

Other good option when specific vehicle needed is to use hotel bell staff - the Pan Pacific is right above the pier, and with a scooter you'll be taking an elevator or the walking ramp to get to street level rather than escalators. The former may bring you out literally inside the hotel lobby depending which bank you use, the latter you just turn right and go past Starbucks and there's the hotel door. Asking a bellman to call you a cab means they can specifically ask for an Accessible vehicle - and usually there's less wait time here or the Fairmont across the street than down under the pier, for both the reason of quicker access for the cars and also that they don't want to jeopardise relations with hotel staff... if Cab Company X fails to arrive promptly, or brings a Prius when a Van was requested, then maybe the hotel start calling Cab Company Y instead for all their guests...?

Thanks for the info.  Comparing the four options between taxi van, Uber XL, Lyft XL or Kabu Plus is one significantly cheaper than the others?

6 minutes ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Thanks for the info.  Comparing the four options between taxi van, Uber XL, Lyft XL or Kabu Plus is one significantly cheaper than the others?

Probably not a significant difference in any of them... Taxi Van outbound TO the airport impossible to say exact price as metered so traffic becomes a factor - on average the fare should be around the same $38 as the fixed fare for Inbound traffic, but could be $33 or $43 without any weaseling from the cabbie.

Uber may have Surge or not based on volume of demand - 3+ ship day, or a big'un like Majestic/Royal Princess, strong possibility of Surge! If not though the rideshares are all usually about 10% less than cabs on an airport run, but that's for the default Regular Size Car - the extra cost of the bigger vehicles for XL/Plus I'm not familiar with personally, never needed to use them, but again barring Surge I would think they are likely within the ballpark metered cab price range.