Kitchen Table classes?

mbiggers

10 minutes ago, mbiggers said:

I just downloaded the Viking app. It mentions the Kitchen Table cooking classes, but I don’t see anything else about them. Were they a victim of Covid?

thanks,

Michele

They were held on the Neptune during the World Cruise, on sea days. You book them at the shore-ex desk onboard the ship.

When you get onto the ship, go into EXCURSIONS on your TV first thing.  They pop up to sign up for on sea days only.  You can’t even sign up in advance (I checked) at Explorer’s desk until they are released and they were ONLY released at the beginning of each segment.

I’ve done 3, and this is how I did it.

We had one last month on Mars. I think there were four offered on a 21 day cruise. As Mich suggested check on Excursions on your TV. There's no mention of them otherwise. And you keep your apron and good wine flowed freely. 

IMG_3468.jpeg

IMG_3486.jpeg

IMG_3488.jpeg

IMG_3489.jpeg

Edited by Pushka
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, JollyJacqTar said:

For those who have done them, are they expensive? 

Didn't really pay too much attention to the cost, as we had lots of non-refundable OBC to use - probably used to be in the $40-50 range.

However, feedback from pax on the recent World Cruise, who attended most cooking classes on previous cruises, is that they are not as good. Less hands-on work, as the Chef did most of the cooking.

• Like 1

I did 3 Kitchen Table on Mars during November 2022 and they were $69 per class but had a wonderful time - probably not as hands on as a regular cooking class but everyone had an assigned prep station and task - lasted about 3 hrs and have to say best 3 lunches I had on the cruise.  Everyone enjoyed the sessions and a bonus was we got to use some really interesting high end equipment.  Everyone was taking pictures of the equipment.

IMG_5760.jpeg

IMG_5776.jpeg

IMG_5790.jpeg

IMG_5786.jpeg

• Like 3

7 hours ago, BaileyMJ said:

I did 3 Kitchen Table on Mars during November 2022 and they were $69 per class but had a wonderful time - probably not as hands on as a regular cooking class but everyone had an assigned prep station and task - lasted about 3 hrs and have to say best 3 lunches I had on the cruise.  Everyone enjoyed the sessions and a bonus was we got to use some really interesting high end equipment.  Everyone was taking pictures of the equipment.

IMG_5790.jpeg

That lamb looks divine. The lamb was dreadful on our Mars cruise last month. As an Aussie we are used to great lamb but we all commented how indelible it was. We were supposed to be cooking Barramundi from Aus but the ship didn't have any. They substituted Mahi steak and it ended up being over cooked. So not a great meal for us. Would have loved a soup. The wines were excellent though. As was the class. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, JollyJacqTar said:

For those who have done them, are they expensive? 

$59 on the WC.  I haven’t taken on since London.  We didn’t have any scheduled when we got on this last leg (Reykjavik to NYC) but losing Greenland, there are 3 scheduled classes available.  Still $59.

• Like 1