OBSERVATIONS FROM THE POOP DECK SEASCAPE JUNE 2023

morpheusofthesea

3 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

You can huff and puff all you want, but you will never blow 'her' house down, it is built out of pure determination. Wait 50 years and get back to me.

We have only been together for 25 years but the day she tries to tell me that I can't have meat, I'm out!

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

"Princess Cruise is building a ship to compete with MSC YC, with butlers and 'ship within ship' concept."

That will be, I believe, Sun Princess. The two YC style suites are called Signature and Reserve "collections" and I think the ship goes in service next year.

1 hour ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Other 'tidbits' of information. Not all the Yacht Club cabins will be in the 'gated community' of the YC on World America. And Princess Cruise is building a ship to compete with MSC YC, with butlers and 'ship within ship' concept.

We have 16002 booked for World America, hoping that is enclaved within the “gated community”

I wonder if we will get a pergola included 😉

I know you would like that suite 👍🏻

We are on Seascape next Sunday 

So Enjoying your review that little bit more 😎

Thanks for info on seafood extravaganza, we have always missed it, but for sure this time we will be on the hunt for 🐠 

Edited by PompeySailor

49 minutes ago, no1talks said:

That will be, I believe, Sun Princess. The two YC style suites are called Signature and Reserve "collections" and I think the ship goes in service next year.

Why don't I just direct all incoming questions. to your attention. (Smiley face posted here)

P.S. Your input is always appreciated.

Edited by morpheusofthesea
p.s.
  • Haha 1

Just now, morpheusofthesea said:

Just checked my diary. Got 16010 and 16002 booked as well (not on the same dates). The prices were just about the same regardless.

Nice

Will be interesting to get your take on them both.

Especially 16002

Enjoy and I’ll look out for your review when you christen them 👍🏻

9 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

when you christen them 👍🏻

I just googled 'What it means to christen a house (or ship)'. And it means exactly what I think you mean. So in our reality we are too old to christen anything anymore.

Edited by morpheusofthesea
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Did you know in ancient times it was 'a divine right of kings' before any marriage took place.? Just ask no1talks for the details.

Droit du seigneur, also known as ius primae noctis
One takeaway from Braveheart

Sorry to take your review off track 

1 minute ago, PompeySailor said:

Back to Seascape

Did you get one or two bottles of liquor in your room?

Did you request week before boarding or asked your butler ?

What was selection? If you had success

Was not asked prior to boarding. Do not wish to spark a controversy on social media, nor wish to find out that the other RS/OS got the same. At the present time I am very pleased with the selection they chose for us. DW wife pulled a muscle pulling her carry on off the ship last time with half the booty. We are gingerly wrapping each and packing them in with my clothes. No chocolate ships. Perhaps corporate tallied up how much we spent on cabins this year and have shown their appreciation? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Was not asked prior to boarding. Do not wish to spark a controversy on social media, nor wish to find out that the other RS/OS got the same. At the present time I am very pleased with the selection they chose for us. DW wife pulled a muscle pulling her carry on off the ship last time with half the booty. We are gingerly wrapping each and packing them in with my clothes. No chocolate ships. Perhaps corporate tallied up how much we spent on cabins this year and have shown their appreciation? 

Discretion I totally understand 😎 

We wrap ours in clothes as well, more reason for more suitcases 🧳 

We don’t take 12 though 🤣

• Haha 1

First to express the apprehension of the new World America with 579 Yacht Club guests. I did the math a couple of "Observations" ago that Ocean House can only accommodate 168 guests for lunch at the available tables it has now. Perhaps with the 14 pergolas/cabanas x 6 guests  makes it 252.  Do the math. So maybe only drink service.

Our hope is that if the World America is just too big. MSC with its new Miami Terminal AA/AA will keep a "Sea" class ship here for us as well.