OBSERVATIONS FROM THE POOP DECK SEASCAPE JUNE 2023

morpheusofthesea

18 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Told us a wedding party of 70 from Miami were on board last week and took over the entire pool. Said something that they plan to be back in July. (I hope not on our date). 

Any way you could find out what week in July  this group will be in the YC?🙏

On 6/12/2023 at 5:16 PM, Georgia_Peaches said:

We didn't wear ours either.  They are made of rubber and after a day of wearing one, my wrist had some sort of reaction at the contact point.  This only became a minor issue when we went to the YC area of the PI where a very astute employee tried to redirect us to another area.  Our most excellent butler came to our rescue.  The other person as much as scolded me for not wearing my band but I explained my reaction to the rubber so he gave me a pass.  From that point on, we just carried them and kept them visible when it was warranted.  Additionally, it is my understanding that wristbands can be purchased by non YC passengers to use on board as well so I'm not sure that the wristband alone is enough of a tell for who should/shouldn't be in YC.

Slight correction.  MSC does sell generic wristbands, but they would not have the YC logo on them.

29 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

I asked DW and she said I can't hear. The group is coming back next year, NOT next month.

Well that stinks.  Fingers crossed they miss my birthday cruise in 2024. We’re they all in YC, or was this a flash mob of interlopers?

26 minutes ago, JAGR said:

Slight correction.  MSC does sell generic wristbands, but they would not have the YC logo on them.

If I implied that the generic wrist bands that non YC can purchase would have the YC logo on them then please accept my apologies. You are correct, the non YC wristbands would not have the YC logo. Thank you for clarifying. 

1 hour ago, kelleherdl said:

Well that stinks.  Fingers crossed they miss my birthday cruise in 2024. We’re they all in YC, or was this a flash mob of interlopers?

According to the pool attendant they were all in the pool at the same time. (But of course I don't hear so well). It could have been just the bride and groom were in the YC and they had their reception on the One Pool Deck in the pool. These guys are not exactly fluent in English and it happened last week when we were still home dreaming of this cruise.

Having any kind of ‘private’ gathering in YC spaces that infringes on their use by any YC guest, even if all the folks are in YC cabins, is supposed to be against MSC corporate-wide guidelines for the Yacht Club. I myself have sponsored a group sailing, with all sailing in Yacht Club. We were offered private reception space outside the Yacht Club, but specifically restricted from using YC spaces, Topsail lounge or Pool One.

Edited by kelleherdl
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, kelleherdl said:

Having any kind of ‘private’ gathering in YC spaces that infringes on their use by any YC guest, even if all the folks are in YC cabins, is supposed to be against MSC corporate-wide guidelines for the Yacht Club. I myself have sponsored a group sailing, with all sailing in Yacht Club. We were offered private reception space outside the Yacht Club, but specifically restricted from using YC spaces, Topsail lounge or Pool One.

What happens in YC stays in YC.

P.S. Tell that to the interlopers and they will laugh in your face while saying "No comprendo".

Edited by morpheusofthesea
p.s.
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, PompeySailor said:

Hola Tacos

is it still $17.99 eat everything you can ☺️

Just asked DW. She doesn't remember which suitcase she put all the programs in. We only eat one item when we go. Chicken quesadillas, and I think I heard him say all one can eat, but I only ordered 2 helpings as I was over full having 4 last time we dined there. And when he asked for our room number his computer said we were entitled to a complimentary meal (Diamond status) and did we wish to use it on this meal, which we did. Here is a posting I made the last time:

Just a tip on Specialty Restaurant packages. One might want to wait to purchase specialty restaurant packages until one reads the 'limited' menu one is confined to. Also in the Daily Planner on our cruise Day 3, "special lunch discount of 20% for a la carte menu at Butcher's Cut, Ocean Cay, Kaito Sushi and Kaito Teppanyaki. Day 4 Food Tasting Tour tasting all specialty restaurants, complimentary, accompanied with a glass of sparkling wine. (All in attendance entered in a drawing for 20% off on their a la carte reservation including a bottle of wine.) Also Day 4 Sushi "all you can eat" $33 +15% service charge lunch and dinner. Day 5 Ocean Cay "Surf and Surf" , choice of appetizer, main course of broiled lobster tail with shrimps and dessert, $60 +15% service charge. Or 20% off dinner from a la carte Ocean Cay menu + 15% service charge. Day 6, "Amigo Night Special Deal", a special dinner discount of 30% for a la carte menu in ALL Specialty Restaurants +15 % service charge. Day 7, repeat of "All you can eat" sushi (same as above). Also, "Brunch in Butcher's Cut" $12 (no mention of service charge).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kelleherdl said:

This posting reminds me of "Back To School" when Professor Kelleherdl was describing how Acme Corporation operates and Thorton Melon blurts out "Yeah, in Fantasy Land !".

59 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

This posting reminds me of "Back To School" when Professor Kelleherdl was describing how Acme Corporation operates and Thorton Melon blurts out "Yeah, in Fantasy Land !".

Sorry, I haven’t been a Professor since I was an Assistant Professor of Military Applied Physiology at Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences back in the mid 80’s. 😀

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kelleherdl said:

Sorry, I haven’t been a Professor since I was an Assistant Professor of Military Applied Physiology at Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences back in the mid 80’s. 😀

See, I pegged you correctly. Once a professor always a professor.

• Like 1

Tomorrow the Yacht Club will have 327 'official' guests.

The show in the Chora Theatre, "Let's Dance" was the best so far. Stay till the very end when they come down the aisles with flags onto the stage. Standing ovation. All popular songs.

New Cruise Director Benny from South Africa by way of the Meraviglia. He said that this was his first week on the job on the Seascape. Nice guy. Not too long winded.

Edited by morpheusofthesea

10 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Tomorrow the Yacht Club will have 327 'official' guests.

Those are just the ones paying for the "exclusivity". How many of their friends and family are snuck in, besides those that infiltrate on their own or slither in behind a YC guest is anyones guess ! 

Of the 327 YCers, 75 are children.  Can say this week from those we came in contact with they were very well behaved. Not one 4 year old accosted me or called me 'Porky'.

The ship cleared at about 6:50 am and we were the first off to just have to wait for CBP to line us up, serpentine, and wait for 7:15 am with 8 facial recognition machines to be cleared. Porter took us across the street to parking garage and up elevator to second level and loaded our car. $100 tip for 12 bags and door to door service. Only one line open to pay parking fee. Appears everyone did not get a ticket last week when we entered garage. Just provide the cashier with cabin card and fee was $154 for the week, cash or credit card.

Home now. Had a splendid time. Yacht Club is the only way we would cruise. Thank you for your interest. We bid you all adieu.....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

On 6/15/2023 at 2:05 PM, LImom said:

@morpheusofthesea from you above post  #161

but one can pay a nominal fee and reserve a pergola/cabana in the YC sun deck (on some ships and on some RS/OS have reserved pergolas)."

How does one go about doing this, the cost and do you know if they are available on the Meraviglia for regular YC balcony cabins? thank you, you are a wealth of knowledge 😀

There are only three cabanas on Meraviglia, and two are reserved for RS.