OBSERVATIONS FROM THE POOP DECK SEASCAPE JUNE 2023

morpheusofthesea

4 hours ago, jules815 said:

Regulars?

Regulars are interlopers that just sneak in from outside the YC. The others are friends and family residing in the rest of the ship and are let in by their YC members. They open the door for them or give them their wrist bands. Pool attendant says it is impossible for him to be on duty all the time to catch them. The attendant perks up when he finds us on board. Told us a wedding party of 70 from Miami were on board last week and took over the entire pool. Said something that they plan to be back in July. (I hope not on our date). That is the problem with cruises as 20165 is so upset about, rude, very rude, and extremely rude fellow passengers that interlope into the YC as a favorite pastime.

45 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Told us a wedding party of 70 from Miami were on board last week and took over the entire pool. Said something that they plan to be back in July. (I hope not on our date). 

That wouldn’t ruin my cruise but would certainly make my yacht club experience a major disappointment!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Regulars are interlopers that just sneak in from outside the YC. The others are friends and family residing in the rest of the ship and are let in by their YC members. They open the door for them or give them their wrist bands. Pool attendant says it is impossible for him to be on duty all the time to catch them. The attendant perks up when he finds us on board. Told us a wedding party of 70 from Miami were on board last week and took over the entire pool. Said something that they plan to be back in July. (I hope not on our date). That is the problem with cruises as 20165 is so upset about, rude, very rude, and extremely rude fellow passengers that interlope into the YC as a favorite pastime.

He’s right about that. But i think I figured out why this is the case. Was talking to someone with the same balcony cabin as ours and they paid almost $2k less than we did. So at some point they were giving away these cabins and then reason for it being so packed and the “interlopers”. I just call them degenerates…

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 20165 said:

I just call them degenerates…

Perhaps the better descriptive adjective is 'opportunists', in genteel society.  "Opportunism is the practice of taking advantage of circumstances – with little regard for principles or with what the consequences are for others."

But I won't quibble with "degenerates".

Edited by morpheusofthesea

Tonight we learned an important lesson. Each day we study the Daily Planner to map out our evening entertainment. We went to Le Cabaret Rouge and caught the opening act of Samulous. Always great and different songs. He was followed by the violinist who plays the same songs every time so we walked out early to get seats in the Chora Theatre for a guest artist, Yaniv Zarif. He has a nose like Barbra Streisand so he is a good vocalist. We moved our seats twice during the performance as these 'opportunists' that sat down in front and behind us kept coughing. We waited for the song to finish and bolted to the exit. DW suggests we stroll by the Loft Cafe which was conspicuously absent from the Daily Planner this evening and to our surprise was the jazz quartet with Bruno Vicenza. We had to settle for seats in the back.  Don't know how this can be rectified in the future as this event is outside the concerns of the Yacht Club.

• Like 1

On 6/15/2023 at 3:12 PM, awatt said:

We were in a balcony cabin in YC on Meraviglia and asked the YC concierge to reserve one for a fee. I would do so early on as they book up.

Never mind - question was answered 🙂

Edited by momofmab

On 6/11/2023 at 7:20 PM, travelwide said:

My usual question.....YC and HD?

Yannis leaves Seascape in September and then goes to Seaside, then to World America.

Saw more of Captain then Taylan YC Director (Have not met Taylan yet this cruise) and tonight is tip night.

1 minute ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

That’s a nice time window, thanks for sharing!

What time is dinner served in the YC?

Earliest is 5:30 up to 9:30. US guests always ask how early, Europeans, how late ? Waiter told us they have two shifts because the Europeans all come at 9:30.

• Haha 2