Booking Specialty Restaurants with Premiere Package

Hlitner

We have an upcoming Sky cruise with the Premiere Package that includes 2 specialty restaurants.  But when trying to book (prior to the cruise) on the Princess app, the only payment option is to have a reservation charged to a credit card.  Does anyone know how to have it go against the free reservation included in the package?

Hank

This seems to be a "hit and miss" situation. I had the same happen a while back that it charged for the included restaurants but tried again a couple of weeks later and it worked.

Have you tried using the web version of the app - that sometimes acts differently.

2 hours ago, Hlitner said:

We have an upcoming Sky cruise with the Premiere Package that includes 2 specialty restaurants.  But when trying to book (prior to the cruise) on the Princess app, the only payment option is to have a reservation charged to a credit card.  Does anyone know how to have it go against the free reservation included in the package?

Hank

I have Premier for my upcoming CA Coastals on the Emerald in June and July. When I went to make specialty reservations in the APP, it already showed my credit card on file,  but when I made the reservation it showed the cover charge of $39 for Crown Grill but also it showed a zero balance because of the dining credit.

Are you saying when you are trying to make the reservation, it does not zero out your balance due and still shows it will charge your credit card? 

It is possible maybe closer to sailing date the APP finally knows about your dining credit? How far out is your sailing? If you have time try chat?

3 hours ago, wallyj said:

I have Premier for my upcoming CA Coastals on the Emerald in June and July. When I went to make specialty reservations in the APP, it already showed my credit card on file,  but when I made the reservation it showed the cover charge of $39 for Crown Grill but also it showed a zero balance because of the dining credit.

Are you saying when you are trying to make the reservation, it does not zero out your balance due and still shows it will charge your credit card? 

It is possible maybe closer to sailing date the APP finally knows about your dining credit? How far out is your sailing? If you have time try chat?

We are nearly 6 months out, so it might not allow the free stuff until after final payment.  Since we are Elite, we do have the ability to book this far out, but when we got to the final step is did clearly show the credit card (on file) as the only payment method.  

And no, we have not tried the web version of the app but have only tried to use the app on our phone.

Hank

Hi Hank; We do not have a "Package", but are staying is a suite, (for the first time;-) and right after final payment I made reservations at Crown Grill for the first night freeby. I used the app on the website, and when payment came up, it showed a credit for the charge existed in my portfolio. 

Might just be the freebies don't show up in portfolio until final payment is made.

Fair winds

Dave

39 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

But was the net balance $0 or $78?

It showed $78 and reached the point where, if I clicked to the next screen it would have likely charged me for the reservation.  I have no reason to pay for any alternative reservation.  Not only do we get 2 free dinners (from the Premiere Package) but thanks to Princess and our cruise agency we have over $1000 of OBC.  I need to figure out how to use all the non-refundable OBC on a cruise that is essentially all-inclusive :).  Life should have many such problems.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

But was the net balance $0 or $78?

To answer your question I am on the app (now).  I get to the "Payment Method" screen and the only option (preferred payment) is my credit card which already has a green check mark.  The only option (at this point) is to click "Confirm Reservation" and right above that the app says "Cover Charge (Adults x2)   $78.00.   I assume that clicking on that Confirm Reservation button is going to confirm the reservation and charge my card.

Hank

4 hours ago, Hlitner said:

To answer your question I am on the app (now).  I get to the "Payment Method" screen and the only option (preferred payment) is my credit card which already has a green check mark.  The only option (at this point) is to click "Confirm Reservation" and right above that the app says "Cover Charge (Adults x2)   $78.00.   I assume that clicking on that Confirm Reservation button is going to confirm the reservation and charge my card.

Hank

Looks like no credits showing.  I was wondering if it netted to $0 at the bottom.

Hello Hank, @Hlitner, we recently added Premier to our Alaskan bookings after already paying for specialty restaurants and Princess refunded our payments within a couple of days. Was easy for us to get our money back for the 2 free specialty bookings per cruise.

Hope this helps with your decision.

Doug

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Hlitner said:

Hank

I could have written your exact post! To answer your question, yes, if you continue on you will be charged (I just did it this weekend). If you're in app and click on packages and payments - does it list your premiere package there? If not, the dining credits will not show up and you will be charged to reserve. A rep I spoke to at the weekend said that credits show up between 90-100 days prior to sailing (I don't believe that is correct, but that is what I was told). Princess are unable to apply the dining credits from the back end, either, until they appear on the app. My suggestion is to keep checking - mine JUST showed up this morning and I was able to reserve the dining at $0.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ceilidh1 said:

I could have written your exact post! To answer your question, yes, if you continue on you will be charged (I just did it this weekend). If you're in app and click on packages and payments - does it list your premiere package there? If not, the dining credits will not show up and you will be charged to reserve. A rep I spoke to at the weekend said that credits show up between 90-100 days prior to sailing (I don't believe that is correct, but that is what I was told). Princess are unable to apply the dining credits from the back end, either, until they appear on the app. My suggestion is to keep checking - mine JUST showed up this morning and I was able to reserve the dining at $0.

That is terrific info and thank you!   We will give it some time and see what hapens.  The Premiere Package perks all do show-up on our Cruise Personalizer, but nothing is on the app.  No big rush on booking reservations, so "patience" is the word of the day 🙂

Hank

Just now, Hlitner said:

That is terrific info and thank you!   We will give it some time and see what hapens.  The Premiere Package perks all do show-up on our Cruise Personalizer, but nothing is on the app.  No big rush on booking reservations, so "patience" is the word of the day 🙂

Hank

Same - I had it all listed on the personalizer but the app said I had no packages. It took about 4 days after adding the package for it to appear in the app for me.