Double billed by Princess a THIRD time!

Roxycat13

Has anyone had problems with booking dine my way reservations prior to cruising and then getting your credit card charged once prior to the cruise and then the day you use the reservation?  This has happened the last three cruises.  Getting it rectified is almost impossible.  I was on hold two days ago for two hours to be told the invoice dept was closed and they couldn't credit my card. They could give me a cruise credit though.  We are not interested as we will never use Princess again.  Today I have been on hold for 1.5 hours after giving my information repeated times and transferred twice!  

I can't find a non-phone way to rectify this!  Any help is appreciated,

• Thanks 1

From my PVP:

All Post-Cruise Issues or Feedbacks are forwarded to our Onboard Experience Department (customerrelations@princesscruises.com). Please make sure to include your booking number(s) attention to Onboard Experience Department subject Post Cruise Issue.

Please allow them some time to respond. My case took 2 weeks, but was successfully resolved. I have also received a follow up phone call from US based representative. 

• Like 3

It showed up on our account as $70 but we figured it was the original charge.  It was only when we noticed on our credit card was billed for $140 that we realized it was a double charge.  This happened the last two times!  Small amount of money, but frustrating to pay extra when we our meal was sub-standard and of less quality than the main dining room!

I never get off of the ship with any questionable charges on my account. If this has happened to you multiple times; I would think that you would monitor your portfolio very closely. Once you leave the ship it will be near impossible to get this straightened out without a big waste of your time..

• Like 2

Our account showed a total of $0 when we left the boat.  It was only on my VISA bill that I see the double billing.  I have put a dispute in with VISA so the will contact Princess directly.  

• Like 2

Dispute with your credit card company. That usually gets their attention. They’re much more likely to talk to you if you owe them instead of the other way around. That’s not just a Princess problem it’s everywhere 

• Like 2

On 6/12/2023 at 4:55 PM, spookyfudge said:

Yes the quality has dropped and the number of people booking and staffing levels down.  This is such a disappointment

To the point that I do not recommend sailing Princess at this time.   

From what I've seen, if you got paid an hourly salary for the amount of time it takes to resolve any money matter with the Princess phone/chat line, you would be making less than minimum wage.   It's a hidden price of dealing with them.  It's like they charge for 5 drinks you didn't buy, you try calling the number or wait at the ship service desk multiple times for an hour apiece to resolve it, and you spend 5 hours of your vacation time to get your $50 back.  

3 hours ago, Roxycat13 said:

Our account showed a total of $0 when we left the boat.  It was only on my VISA bill that I see the double billing.  I have put a dispute in with VISA so the will contact Princess directly.  

If you have a statement showing ZERO balance then this just might be a Visa problem.  IDK...but you've got some ammunition to do a dispute.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update on my situation and the Princess Call centre.  After numerous calls and phone trees I was promised some type of form would be sent to me to be filled out for a reimbursement via cheque.  Nothing has arrived via mail or email.  I am calling again and they have no record of this promise!  I have also put in a dispute with VISA.  

I see there is a thread on how bad the call centre is!!!  This is exactly my experience. I am now at the point of the principle of the issue and will not give up as I feel it is a blatant attempt on Princess' part to scam us out of any last dollar that they can get away with.  If they had rectified the situation I would not be left to this conclusion.  It is a shame as prior to this I recommended Princess to friends.  Will now be making sure they don't waste their money!

• Haha 1