What to wear on Alaskan cruise?

KYTess

I am wondering what to wear to dinner on an Alaskan cruise. We are excited to see Alaska & cruise on Regent for the first time next month. I have cruised warm weather destinations on Celebrity & Princess. Being new to Regent I would appreciate any advice you can offer. Thanks very much!

Thanks for that, we live in the Mediterranean (Cyprus) and its hot most of the year. We sail to Alaska in September then onto Japan. We were also wondering what to pack. 

• Like 1

Check the Regent site under dress code. It is very detailed. No need for formal wear really. As for Alaska… in Sept it is usually cool to cold ( based on Med temp ) and it will be wet ( drizzle to full blown rain a lot of the time. Layers and rain gear. Ship should be comfortable though.

• Thanks 1

Dinner will be indoors unless you choose to eat on the veranda at Sette Mari. The temperature in the restaurants is controlled by the thermostat. In my experience people wear the same clothes to dinner on an Alaska cruise as any other Regent cruise. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We are doing Alaska in late July.  It is our fifth trip there.  I plan to take one dressier outfit and the rest more causal.  Dressy sweater tops pack easy and work well.  I dress them up or down for variety..  You will see a little bit of everything. For the daytime jeans and long sleeve t shirts work well because the excursions can be a little wet and muddy.  We love the wild life excursions.  I bring a waterproof jacket and a hat.  We like to be outside during the boat excursions .

Enjoy your cruise.  We love anywhere with Regent.  Any other questions ask away.

• Thanks 1