2007 prices

jujujlm

We are trying to get pricing for July 2007 and have been told by both our TA and Carnival that prices are not out yet. We cannot do anything until the prices are posted. Do any of you know when the prices will be out? Neither TA or Carvinal could give me a date - just told me "soon".

We have never cruised before and are looking to take our entire family. We are really excited and just want to make a decision and get it booked - we have a few kids to accomodate :)

Yup, the 2006/2007 prices are out as my TA gave me a rather thick, very nice magazine and it says on top…

Cruise Vacations 2006-2007…

But as always they say “Prices are subject to change” :rolleyes:

Ask your TA again, or go to the Carnival Cruise site and ask for one…………..

Yup, the 2006/2007 prices are out as my TA gave me a rather thick, very nice magazine and it says on top…

Cruise Vacations 2006-2007…

But as always they say “Prices are subject to change” :rolleyes:

Ask your TA again, or go to the Carnival Cruise site and ask for one…………..

The prices listed in the brochure are usually the prices for the fall. If you want summer prices I can gaurantee you that when you call the price will be higher than what's in the brochure and that why it states "rates starting from."

As far as "Prices subject to change" that's because their rates are based on availibiltiy. As availablity goes down the rates go up. Carnival is not the only company to do business like this. It's the good old American way of supply and demand. I am interested in a buying the new 2006 Z06 Corvette. The MSRP is $62K, but most dealers have a $30K market adjustment price on top of MSRP.:eek: If people weren't buying them they wouldn't be marking them up.;) Unfortunatley for me they are selling like hot cakes even with the the mark up.

I am only seeing prices up to May 2007 so in about another month or two summer prices should be out.

Gett together your deposits of 250. per person and be ready to book.

This is what I am seeing also.. other cruiselines have pricing available, but July 2007 will come out for Carnival either next month, or the month after. They usually 'load' the prices/itineraries on a monthly basis. The pricing for my booked cruise in April 2007 was only finalized last month!

Carnival also has the new Freedom being launched in February of 2007, so itineraries may be changed to accomodate the new ship. Be patient..:p Waiting is half the fun... :D

Also, it is 'ship sensitive', as ships not involved in possible 'changes' may be listed now!

We were wanting prices for Carnival Destiny. After checking airline tickets to San Juan, not sure we will be doing that one. I really like the itinerary for this cruise but with taking 6 of us, not sure I want to spend $3,000 in airfare.

Don't rule it completely out just yet. When we went in '04 we paid $250 pp roundtrip. But that was Sept.

Although we're only paying $138 rt for our Miami flights for next month.

Wait and see what the cruise price is going to be; our Destiny cruise was the least expensive cruise we've done. With a little luck you might be able to cruise out of San Juan for the same price as a FL cruise.

We were wanting prices for Carnival Destiny. After checking airline tickets to San Juan, not sure we will be doing that one. I really like the itinerary for this cruise but with taking 6 of us, not sure I want to spend $3,000 in airfare.

my destiny cruise is the cheapest I have ever done too. But its also a Sept sailing-- July is peak season and will cost some bucks

Airfare to SanJuan fluctuates all the time. Lowest I saw my air to there ws 300 so I jumped on it.

How are you checking for air prices for July when I cant even get prices for February 2007 yet?

Where are you flying out of. You could try flights to Orlando then take either ATA or spirit airlines to San Juan.

We are flying out of Indianapolis.

I can't get July 2007 airline tickets either, I was pricing for July 2006 to at least give me a ballpark. Right now, I can't get airline or cruise pricing for July 2007.

We are flying out of Indianapolis.

I can't get July 2007 airline tickets either, I was pricing for July 2006 to at least give me a ballpark. Right now, I can't get airline or cruise pricing for July 2007.

Air line prices are posted no more than 300 days out.

Cruises vary by line. Expect air prices to be up next year, maybe a lot no matter where you are flying. Cruise prices are likely to be up too because of fuel costs, but until prices are posted no one can book so be patient.

Although we're only paying $138 rt for our Miami flights for next month.

DMS -

Where do you fly out of? I've been checking airfare to Miami from Pittsburgh - for a possible Jan 07 cruise on the Victory - and can't find anything even close to that. :o I swear...sometimes looking for airfare is worse than looking to buy a car! :eek:

DMS - Where do you fly out of? I've been checking airfare to Miami from Pittsburgh - for a possible Jan 07 cruise on the Victory - and can't find anything even close to that. :o I swear...sometimes looking for airfare is worse than looking to buy a car! :eek:

for our cruise in February- I was looking at roundtrips from Phila to FLL at 260 per person. By looking at one way trips I got the same flight for 123.pp which included all taxes. Beats me-- figured round trips were the way to go. I got it off the direct airlines web page.

travelocity, expedia== places like this do not show all that is available. I downloaded travelax.com to see EVERYthing that was going out. and went to individual airlines web pages.

Your cruise is out of Miami- check flights into Fort Lauderdale too (FLL) one cruise we saved 130 pp to do that..and just rented a limo roundtrip.

another tip- tuesday and wednesday are the cheapest days to look for air. with the weekend being the most expensive

DMS -

Where do you fly out of? I've been checking airfare to Miami from Pittsburgh - for a possible Jan 07 cruise on the Victory - and can't find anything even close to that. :o I swear...sometimes looking for airfare is worse than looking to buy a car! :eek:

We're flying out of Indianapolis into West Palm Beach. Will involve a little driving and we have to stay an extra night after, but for that price it was worth it.

Archived