35 night cruises - Your experience

Guest ccpm

I am actively considering G501 2025 on Iona to the Caribbean. Given my health issues I do not want to pull the trigger too soon. I had decided whatever to book CPS at £160 for the 5 weeks (firm quote) as they say I can move it. Then I thought what the heck I will try on Ventura 2024 but already the first one shows as sold out. I had, obviously wrongly, thought these would not be that full. What is everyone's experience? Do they sell out really quickly? Has anyone booked say at 3 months out? I'm not wedded to doing one in 2024 but am drawn to the Iona one but it is expensive at almost £7K for a balcony solo occupancy that will be at least £10,000 with add ons. So I was just seeking a lead from how Ventura does and could I wait?.

4 hours ago, ccpm said:

I am actively considering G501 2025 on Iona to the Caribbean. Given my health issues I do not want to pull the trigger too soon. I had decided whatever to book CPS at £160 for the 5 weeks (firm quote) as they say I can move it. Then I thought what the heck I will try on Ventura 2024 but already the first one shows as sold out. I had, obviously wrongly, thought these would not be that full. What is everyone's experience? Do they sell out really quickly? Has anyone booked say at 3 months out? I'm not wedded to doing one in 2024 but am drawn to the Iona one but it is expensive at almost £7K for a balcony solo occupancy that will be at least £10,000 with add ons. So I was just seeking a lead from how Ventura does and could I wait?.

We booked G501 whilst on board during launch week, so as well as  the launch discount we also only paid £50pp deposit, just in case we find at our age that world  wide insurance is almost as much as the cruise.

• Like 2

Thank you Terrier John no further opinions and I have just decided to just do it.  All booked plus Ventura for Feb 2024.