Full English in MDR?

RJM1017

5 hours ago, welshwizards said:

One thing that I have never seen is a full welsh breakfast. That would be, bacon, sausages, cockles, lava bread, eggs and toast

The variations within the British Isles for a cooked breakfast are endless.  Irish breakfast would substitute soda bread for lava bread.  A 'full English' breakfast is such a dated concept. We have vegetarians, vegans and pescaterians within our extensive family.  I can't eat a cooked breakfast because I am egg intolerant.

I wonder if the MDR caters for Asian breakfasts ??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, anniegb said:

The variations within the British Isles for a cooked breakfast are endless.  Irish breakfast would substitute soda bread for lava bread.  A 'full English' breakfast is such a dated concept. We have vegetarians, vegans and pescaterians within our extensive family.  I can't eat a cooked breakfast because I am egg intolerant.

I wonder if the MDR caters for Asian breakfasts ??

I doubt if soda bread would be a substitute for lava bread given that lava bread is actually seaweed and not bread at all

On 6/15/2023 at 3:59 AM, anniegb said:

The Scottish variation will substitute tattie scone for fried bread. Don't knock black pudding until you at least try it. I am very fussy about BP - it has to be Stornoway BP and not one of our English poor cousins. Don't forget the Haggis!

Back to OP - there are so many regional variations, I would not expect a MDR to serve it. Heck I don't trust the quality of Full English in England.

I’ve tried it.  No thanks.  I’ll stay with my beef tongue.  Like, you know, normal food.

Hello,

Not only can you order a 'Full English' but there is a card on the tables at Breakfast-time headed the same and it lists the items included.

I speak of Silhouette as recently as this morning.

Regards,

Cublet

21 minutes ago, cublet said:

Not only can you order a 'Full English' but there is a card on the tables at Breakfast-time headed the same and it lists the items included.

Probably because she is currently sailing out of Southampton, I wouldn't expect to see that elsewhere.

Out of curiosity, what are they listing on the card... ?

19 hours ago, Mark_T said:

Probably because she is currently sailing out of Southampton, I wouldn't expect to see that elsewhere.

Out of curiosity, what are they listing on the card... ?

Hello,

The two things that stick in my mind and why I wouldn't order one are black pudding and baked beans. Eggs were either fried or scrambled, not poached - that may be just as well as my servings of poached eggs were more like cannon balls.

Interestingly Ocean View cafe had chipolata sausages under 'English' and Banger (full size) Sausages under 'American'. Sadly the 'English Bacon' there, not MDR, was smoked and that put me off.

Regards,

Cublet

54 minutes ago, cublet said:

The two things that stick in my mind and why I wouldn't order one are black pudding and baked beans. Eggs were either fried or scrambled, not poached - that may be just as well as my servings of poached eggs were more like cannon balls.

That is disappointing, I've always been lucky with poached eggs both in Luminae and the MDR.

56 minutes ago, cublet said:

Interestingly Ocean View cafe had chipolata sausages under 'English' and Banger (full size) Sausages under 'American'. Sadly the 'English Bacon' there, not MDR, was smoked and that put me off.

I wouldn't want smoked bacon either, so would be similarly avoiding that, and the sausage error is irritating but forgivable as they did have both available, all too often it is just tiny 'chicken' sausages that really don't hit the mark...

On 6/16/2023 at 7:22 AM, jbcallender said:

How 'bout a nice steaming bowl of haggus?

I remember way, way back as a teenager being at a friends house when his father (Scottish background) was making a large pot of his own haggis on the stove. Luckily we didn’t know what the ingredients were as we would never have snuck a few spoon fulls each as we did. I found it delicious then and still do today.