Uber in Stockholm

Port stop in Stockholm on July 8th at 8am.  Top priority is to visit the Vasa museum before the tour busses arrive.  Has anyone used Uber or Bolt while in Stockholm?  Wondering if this would be a good way to get to the Vasa as they open.  Any other fast options?  I know there is a hop on hop off bus and boat but not thinking that would get us there the fastest.  Appreciate your suggestions.

Uber and Bolt are both fine in Stockholm -- I used Bolt, because that's what I've got on my phone, and they were fine. But really, I'd just take the Bus or the subway. Public transport in Stockholm is so, so easy, and you can download their app and buy the tickets right on your phone, scan them at the bus or the turnstile and you're right there. There's an easy bus stop very close to the Vasa museum (and there's going to be some walking no matter what, since it's a bit back from the road) and it's a nice little walk on good pavement near the water. 

But do not skip this one. I'm STILL blown away by the Vasa.

From Frihamnen I'd suggest you just take the bus. The regular bus that is, not the hop on hop off. Take bus 76 from Frihamnen to Djurgårdsbron, from there you can either change to the tram for one stop or just walk the last bit.

Apart from the app mentioned above you can also buy single tickets by tapping your credit card (Visa or Mastercard) on the bus. 

• 3 weeks later...