FUN!! What is your typical routine after boarding the ship?

Laurba99

If I like the glass I buy the drink in the glass (honestly I have never spent anywhere close to $15.00 bucks on a drink/Glass combo, more like 7) and I keep it. If I have enough to haul home I don't.

Ok--I don't know where I got the 15--maybe it was $10 :) Knowing me I would break it before I get home :)

If I like the glass I buy the drink in the glass (honestly I have never spent anywhere close to $15.00 bucks on a drink/Glass combo, more like 7) and I keep it. If I have enough to haul home I don't.

I remember my first cruise ...I was in awe of everything as I boarded the ship - I remember I needed to set up my account for the cruise but had not done it yet - then this really nice guy came over to me and gave me this huge foo foo drink - it was so cool - i couldn't believe it - i told him i didn't have my account set yet - he said "don't worry man" I was so excited that this guy was giving me my first drink for free - i was like - "no way!" it was just so cool - and it tasted like a cloud with a rich texture - so good ....

then he gave me the paper to sign for it - i had misunderstood - his "don't worry" meant i could sign paper for it - LOL it was still a great drink - still have the glass somewhere - with my attitude i laughed and enjoy my first experience on a ship

old faithful:D

that's funny! good attitude! I think whether you take the drink or not-there is something exciting about that first day boarding seeing all of those smiling faces offering you frozen drinks!~ If that is happening you know you must be on vacation!

Get to the cabin and drop off carryons, if we can.

Go up top and check-in with bartenders at Pool Bar & Sky Bar :D (can take a while)

Buy Wine Package and make reservations for the specialty restaurant(s) at the Windjammer (no time to eat, had a big breakfast at hotel)

Back out to see our new friends again (bartenders) and enjoy the warm weather.

Back to cabin around 3:30, unpack and check out cabin, read Cruise Compass for that night, grab lifejackets and head to muster.

After muster check out dining room table location (we are right there anyway), head back up to cabin, ditch the lifejackets and head up 2 decks to the Sky Bar and watch sailaway from there.

After sailaway head up to the Viking Crown and check things out up there, meet a couple more bartenders etc. :D

Next, head to mid decks and check out the public rooms, centrum or promenade and shops etc.

Find a snack to eat, head back to cabin, shower and change, have a drink in one of the lounges, head to the Welcome Aboard Show and then dinner.

Only changes to above is when we are meeting people onboard and, we may skip the show...it's a pretty busy first day, ya know :)

Happy cruising all!!

We were on the Radiance in Jan. There was only one show the first night. It was the Welcome Aboard show at 7:45 for all to attend. It would depend on your dinner time if it was before or after dinner. (I kept my compass, so I double checked)

When we get on board we look for the Lido for food as we have had a samll breakfast in the hotel..Then it is off to the room where our bags are generaly there we unpack. While we are unpacking the alarm for the Muster drill goes off os we are off to the Muster drill then it is the sail away party from the pool area. and we will be doing this very very soon on the Oosterdam out of San Diego:D

When we get on board we look for the Lido for food as we have had a samll breakfast in the hotel..Then it is off to the room where our bags are generaly there we unpack. While we are unpacking the alarm for the Muster drill goes off os we are off to the Muster drill then it is the sail away party from the pool area. and we will be doing this very very soon on the Oosterdam out of San Diego:D

Mike--Have a great time and please post a review when you get back! :)

I don't remember a welcome aboard show(I was on Radiance of the Seas because I assume from your post you are talking about RCCL :) ) Is that a separate show from the one that is after dinner?

Benjidog is right, on RCI, the first night, the "Welcome Aboard Show" is at 7:45....one show only. That is why they push second seating out by 15 minutes the first night. So, technically it is after dinner for main seating, before dinner for second seating. :)

I agree, great post!

I like to get on as early as possible. Our last cruise was our honeymoon cruise and we were exhausted from our big-Jewish-food-and-drink filled wedding the night before. Didn't get to back to the hotel until 4AM, had brunch for the family and party the next morning at 9AM and then hustled to the ship! DH pulled his knee out at the wedding so he actually limped on. Anyway, what I like to do is get on early, drop off whatever has to be dropped off in the room, have lunch, explore the ship and sit on the balcony with a drink (and DH has a cigar) and relax as the boat sails away.

Enjoy your trips!!

Stacey

Hi, great tread! We are leaving on the Dream next Sat. and we plan to go to our room and check it out, go find some food, and we are going to meet some other CC cruisers before dinner in the Arcade. We have a 10 yr. old DS sailing with us and we set it up to meet some other CC cruises with kids. We are so looking forward to this cruise!:D

Archived