FUN!! What is your typical routine after boarding the ship?

Laurba99

Thought it would be fun to hear what you typically like to do after boarding a ship at the beginning of the trip. Do you map it out and know exactly what you want to do or do you play it by ear? Are you running to the restaurants to make reservations or taking it all in and getting a drink :) Just curious to hear if people have set routines that they like to start their trip doing!

and change into my swim suit (speedo:D ), find a nice location by the pool, order a drink...then sit back relax and watch all the new cruisers walking around in awe of the ship....after a while, slip my shorts back on and head to the buffet for lunch, then a quick dip in the hot tub....then to the room about 2 -3 pm to see if the luggage is there, unpack, and read the daily on my balcony with a glass of champagne I had delivered to my room....then off to Muster...then wave good-bye to all the people on land as we sail away.

Dave:eek:

wow--except for the speedo part :) that sounds really cool! I guess balconies are the cool way to go--I had one on my last cruise and now that I think about it that was a fun place to be when the ship departed!

Drop the carryon in the room and go for lunch. Explore the ship a bit, make dinner reservations at Sabatini's or Sterlings. Grab a slice of pizza or 2. Check the gym out, since I won't make it back this way again. Grab a drink. Take the spa tour, because, hey, they have some cuties working in there LOL. Stop by the hamburger stand on the way back to the cabin to see if luggage is in yet. Unpack if so. Go get another fruity drink if not. Go to drill then grab a drink for sailaway. "Shhesh, when will it be dinnertime?"

First, we went to the Lido Deck to eat lunch and got our first drink of the day for the trip. Then we checked out our cabin and dropped stuff off and unpacked a little before going to the muster drill. Then I ran back to the room with our lifejackets before heading back to the lido deck for sailaway. By that time, our luggage was there so I brought it in. After sailaway, we got ready for dinner and explored the ship.

first we made a mad dash to the America's Bar for something (ANYTHING) to drink. We'd been in line for like 2 hours at that point. :eek:

Then we headed to our rooms, dropped the carry-ons, headed up to check out the ship and take pics of all the lounges/public areas before the mobs arrived. :D Headed up to Lido to grab something to eat, then to the bar for a drink and up to Deck 10 aft to grab a spot by the rail for sail-away! Can't WAIT to do it all again...only 410 days, LOL! ;)

I need to convince my husband that we should go again--The annoying thing is that I don't want to do longer than a 7 night cruise and I think that the Celebrity Millennium is the only ship to leave Florida for 7 nights--anyone know of another?

On our first cruise they told us we could go drop our stuff off in the room at 1, we spent the next 35 minutes or so (after being completely awe struck as we stepped onto the ship) looking for our room, we were on the right floor but could not find the room. Then we finally did and were able to drop off our carry ons and then went to the buffet and just enjoyed the view and the people watching and everything. It was a wonderful day!!!:)

We like to board early, and visit the dining room ASAP. Check for table location, accuracy if you are a large group and dining time.

Then head to the room, check the bathroom for any leaks, problems or wet carpet. It does happen...

A change of clothes to match the weather might be in order, meet the cabin steward. Unpack the chargers for iPods, cameras, etc and set up the extension cord. One tip, the television on RCCL slides out, and you can plug your cord in there for these items.

Check the balcony to watch others that are in a bigger hurry than us, head for the Lido (Speedo?) deck and grab a shaded table for lunch.

If in a group then arrange a sail-away meeting place, as muster drill often backs up to departure, and 2000 people are scrambling for a place to watch.

Now, if the need fits, a good drink, and let the vacation begin.

Did I mention an early shower before dinner and close the curtains before the wife comes out of the shower? Good, I hope not she'd be embarrassed if I told that... :)

Usually, drop off my carry-on in the room and hopefully get to meet my steward, wander around the ship using that little map they give you, lifeboat drill, grab a drink on the Lido Deck and find a spot by the railing for sail away.

Question . . . this will be my first cruise with a balcony . . . is it more fun to experience sail away from your balcony or on deck?

Drop off the carry-ons, hope to meet the cabin steward so we can ask them if they can clear the mini-bar/fridge out for us and let them know we'd like red wine glasses every day, then explore the ship, back to the cabin to unpack, so far our suitcases have always been there when we get to that point, then out to find a drink before the lifeboat drill.

Question . . . this will be my first cruise with a balcony . . . is it more fun to experience sail away from your balcony or on deck?

I would choose the balcony! It is such a great way to enjoy it for the first time and you've spent so much to have it-use it! You can go up on deck anytime but it's cool to watch the ship leave from there.

I need to convince my husband that we should go again--The annoying thing is that I don't want to do longer than a 7 night cruise and I think that the Celebrity Millennium is the only ship to leave Florida for 7 nights--anyone know of another?

Sorry, maybe I'm missing something, but there are lots of ships that leave Florida for 7 nites - Princess, Carnival, Disney and RCCI all have ships doing this, to name a few, leaving from various ports around Florida (Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, and Cape Canaveral mainly)

Do you mean a particular port in Florida???

If you try any of the online cruise travel agencies, and search by embarkation port, they can show you all the different choices.

Sorry, maybe I'm missing something, but there are lots of ships that leave Florida for 7 nites - Princess, Carnival, Disney and RCCI all have ships doing this, to name a few, leaving from various ports around Florida (Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, and Cape Canaveral mainly)

Do you mean a particular port in Florida???

If you try any of the online cruise travel agencies, and search by embarkation port, they can show you all the different choices.

You are right! That made no sense :) What I was thinking was that we love Celebrity and we love the M class and I think Millie is the only one to leave Fla for a 7 night cruise and we want to try another itinerary or ship--:)

The four of us (2 couples) are voracious readers, so we check out the library first, or at least note the opening hours. We each get a good book, and THEN we go to the buffet and/or unpack. No speedos on the Lido for us!

After going through the boarding process DW & I go to our cabin & dump our stuff and change in necessary. Then the most important thing is get our first cocktail and go top side. We'll watch the sailaway party, maybe dance a bit,get another cocktail and then go to the musterdrill. Now it's back up top side to watch us sailaway, woohoo we're cruising. Maybe not exiting but WE'RE ON A CRUISE BABY.

Hubby waits in bar...I go get reservations for everything...room opens up and we go there...check out room and go have a bite to eat, tour ship,back to room, crawl into bed for a quick nap...up in time for munster drill!

Archived