Does norwegian have real sales and deposit question

latebuyer

The UK has had real sales on top of the ongoing one(35%+FAS get all+air credits upto £250).

(the airfare deal is not on insides in UK)

A couple of weeks back they had 50% FAS,  this weekend they have added upto $200 OBC.

Saying that the real deals are the late discounted insides as they process the upgrade bids.

They have been in the £30-£40pppd(including taxes) range.

The latest one has gone under £25pppd 

Throw in a bit of TA discounting and there are some bargains. 

4 hours ago, insidecabin said:

A couple of weeks back they had 50% FAS,  this weekend they have added upto $200 OBC.

The UK has the same as the US fake sales. 

I priced up a cruise a few weeks ago with the 50% off FAS priced the same this week and it's £350 cheaper. The "sales" are not sales they just increase one area of pricing and lower another. 

4 minutes ago, Obobru said:

The UK has the same as the US fake sales. 

I priced up a cruise a few weeks ago with the 50% off FAS priced the same this week and it's £350 cheaper. The "sales" are not sales they just increase one area of pricing and lower another. 

The 50% FAS weekend, the base prices of the ones I was considering  did not change

.For the cruise length that was £100pp off the total during that weekend( I check most days).

The ongoing 50% now 35% air credit is the fake sale extended again yesterday to the 19 June.

They have added OBC so worth checking prices again to see if it is one of the selected cruises

19 hours ago, latebuyer said:

Thanks, the free at sea seems a pretty good deal. Is there a catch? I thought i saw there was a special on airfare before.

Thinking of the Free at Sea, it's actually a good deal.  If you look at the taxes they add for alcohol, it's way cheaper than the other cruise lines' alcohol "packages".  

The "free" excursions ($50 credit/cabin) nets some (few) excursions that end up being free.  Those usually are little more than transport related.  But, if you combine the $50 credit to the Latitudes 15% off, there are some decent deals on excursions.

The charge for the Specialty Dinner package is small for those kind of dining venues.

Let's see, what else....oh yeah...free internet minutes.  Yep, they're free.  But, it's a long on, get your info, and log off.  You leave you phone or iPad on for WiFi, it does not log off automatically and the internet is slow....like so slow you'll burn up those minutes quickly.

Fares?

They seem to be targeting of Latitudes members, handing out unpublished discounts. I just used a 20% off on an Alaska cruise on the Bliss several weeks ago.  Great ship, great itinerary.  Fare was really good.  There's even some 50% off coupons floating around out there for Latitudes members on their smaller ships to Alaska. I think that came in right around $1,500 with Free at Sea for a Club Balcony.

I just used another 20% coupon for an 11 day Mediterranean Cruise in October.  I got a Haven Spa Suite on the Epic (which is supposed to have the best Haven of ANY NCL ship).  I got fare of ~$4K.....11 day cruise......in the Haven.....I think that's a GREAT deal.

Last Fall, I scored the best deal I ever had on a mini-suite on the Breakaway 7 days from New York to Canada.  Lovely cruise.  IIRC, it was ~$700 with Free at Sea.

So yeah....there are deals to be had.  Just got to find them.

Edited by graphicguy

20 hours ago, latebuyer said:

Thanks, interested if that refundable deposit would apply to canadians as i'm canadian.

Yes it works the same as US reservations (I am Canadian too and got some deposit refund without any problem).

On 6/15/2023 at 7:27 PM, latebuyer said:

Thanks, the free at sea seems a pretty good deal. Is there a catch? I thought i saw there was a special on airfare before.

In the UK  fixed price based on length US you pay grats on the drinks or meals if selected.

We would probably buy the meals if not a FAS offer

I value our costs as follows

1 meal £30 (maybe £35 is more realistic as the discounted 2 meal add on is £70 )

longer cruises(12+) and balcony(7+) get extra meals which reduce the drinks element even further

the wifi mins are handy but not essential £0 

shorex  unlikely to use £0

days cost net drinks pppd
3 £99.00 £23.00
4 £99.00 £17.25
5 £99.00 £13.80
6 £149.00 £19.83
7 £149.00 £17.00
8 £149.00 £14.88
9 £199.00 £18.78
10 £199.00 £16.90
11 £199.00 £15.36
12 £249.00 £18.25
13 £249.00 £16.85
14 £249.00 £15.64
15 £299.00 £17.93
16 £299.00 £16.81
17 £299.00 £15.82
18 £349.00 £17.72

Even with one of us a lightweight unless going for a dry cruise it a decent deal overall.

if the shoex gets us a cheap/free shuttle or trip that's a bonus.

UK has a current weekend promotion on top of the regular never ending sale.

Selected cruises any non sailaway(*x grades ) get $200

$200 USD OBC (Per Stateroom)
Booking Window: June 16th - June 19th, 2023 11:59 pm EST

Offer: US$200 OBC (Per Stateroom)
Applicable sailings:Select Sailings
Offer is applicable to ALL Categories excluding IX, OX, BX, MX (Sail Away Categories).
Guest Eligibility:Onboard credit amount is per stateroom, in U.S. dollars, and will be applied to the 1st and 2nd guest in the stateroom. Singles paying 200% of the rate are eligible.

--------------------------------------------------------

Pleased to advise that the cruise I was looking at has gone up £16pp but comes with the OBC.

TA also resurrected their £100 off

Tidy saving over early last week, now the cruise will probably drop.

We (UK) have had one 9n hit £250  

With Europe cruises getting the big discounts some under £400pp this extra OBC is a decent chunk