Teen Activities on Oasis

Getting ready to sail with a new teen.. First cruise to graduate from adventure ocean to teen club :).  I'm looking at the most recent cruise planners and only see a couple of sports activities for teens and no other types of activities. There's a sports activity early evening and then a second one between 9-9:45pm.  Are there organized activities going on that are advertised in the teen club and not shown on the planner OR are the teens pretty much left to wonder the ship aimlessly in the evening?

I get the 15+ kids maybe wanting to do their own thing and not needing more structure but for 13 years old I'm a little worried.

Any helpful info much appreciated!

9 hours ago, seasidemama said:

Are there organized activities going on that are advertised in the teen club and not shown on the planner OR are the teens pretty much left to wonder the ship aimlessly in the evening?

You might see some things listed in the app under activities - look at the current sailing.

It’s been my experience, having multiple teens of various ages on cruise ships, that the clubs have some activities but it’s more of a way to introduce teens to each other. They really do form groups themselves with those the same age. On our last cruise my 14 and 16 year old daughters, who are like best friends, found different groups. It works.

Not Oasis, but on Voyager I looked at the activities in the app for a current cruise that is the same as mine and I was impressed with the activities for the young teen crowd.  Might have been just my perspective since I wasn't expecting much.    

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

You might see some things listed in the app under activities - look at the current sailing.

Looking at the current sailings it matches the cruise compasses posted. Nothing else going on. Looks like evenings they are are on their own roaming the ship. I don't know how I feel about that because the only place for them to be would be arcade (gets expensive real fast) or the teen club and I don't know if there's anything interesting going on in the teen club. Worried of the "I'm bored" situation..

43 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

It’s been my experience, having multiple teens of various ages on cruise ships, that the clubs have some activities but it’s more of a way to introduce teens to each other. They really do form groups themselves with those the same age. On our last cruise my 14 and 16 year old daughters, who are like best friends, found different groups. It works.

Thanks. I get how older teens may need/want more autonomy and less structure/direction but for a 13 year old boy with a group of 13 year old boys not visualizing how that might work well without getting boring really quickly...  What did your girls do in the evenings? For daytime I'm less concerned since there's always ports/pool/sports etc.

3 hours ago, seasidemama said:

Looking at the current sailings it matches the cruise compasses posted. Nothing else going on. Looks like evenings they are are on their own roaming the ship. I don't know how I feel about that because the only place for them to be would be arcade (gets expensive real fast) or the teen club and I don't know if there's anything interesting going on in the teen club. Worried of the "I'm bored" situation..

The cruise planner does not include all the activities that are offered - only the major ones.  We’ve done 7 or 8 cruises since the restart and it seems like the majority of activities each night are listed on a bulletin / white board in the club each day.    On several cruises there were also “teen” cruise planners available on the ship (Oasis was one but was >1 year ago.).   My social teen has never said he’s bored and was definitely not roaming the ship.  going to Sorrentos with friends, yes but not roaming. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jkaczanowski said:

The cruise planner does not include all the activities that are offered - only the major ones.  We’ve done 7 or 8 cruises since the restart and it seems like the majority of activities each night are listed on a bulletin / white board in the club each day.    On several cruises there were also “teen” cruise planners available on the ship (Oasis was one but was >1 year ago.).   My social teen has never said he’s bored and was definitely not roaming the ship.  going to Sorrentos with friends, yes but not roaming. 

Thanks. Very helpful!