QE Britannia Balcony vs Britannia Club Balcony size

Jack E Dawson

I was under the impression that on the QE (like on the QM2) the Britannia Balcony and Britannia Club cabins were the same size. But when looking at the Cunard website it shows that the Britannia Balcony cabins are 228 sq' while the Britannia Club Balcony cabins are a minimum of 258 sq'. Am I missing something here? Perhaps a typo?

Jack

ScreenShot2023-06-16at9_41_56PM.thumb.png.af1d1d78358407875609b3344ec503d3.pngScreenShot2023-06-16at9_42_15PM.thumb.png.2ca8399f407b8aeb504f2a02aa9f8966.png

On QE (and QV) the Britannia Club cabins/balconies are the same size as most of the Britannia cabins/balconies. However the balconies on the deck 5 cabins on the in-step, directly above the lifeboats, are narrower than the others. I'm guessing that accounts for the reduced (minimum) size of the standard balcony cabins.

I'm also guessing that the 470 sq ft Club cabin is the accessible one. Why they don't mention the equivalent for the standard cabins I don't know.

Edit to add: The deck 4 cabins have deeper balconies than most.

Edited by Colin_Cameron
  • Like 3

I think your core point is correct that upgrading to Club generally won't lead to a bigger cabin, or one that you are likely to notice is bigger.

However for both levels of staterooms there are some significant variations for cabins typically at the end of a run of cabins, some have somewhat more space, or a larger wrapped around balcony (and I notice that Cunard used one of these in their online description of Club Balcony accommodation - there are only a few like that).  A few have inset balconies. In the brochure they have to put the smallest dimensions for each group, but for perhaps 90% plus of travellers it's all essentially the same.

In other words upgrade to Club for the dining, dining timing flexibility (not much greater than Open Dining though), the stateroom location, maybe slightly better view, avoidance of the lifeboats, priority embarkation/disembarkation, but in most cases you won't get a bigger cabin. And if you do it's likely to be the balcony shape.

• Like 1