P&O v Princess

Presto2

1 hour ago, Tomcruise92 said:

It did have the My Holiday app but the virtual queues have been removed across the ship. The maitre d told us that virtual queuing was being removed from all ships (not sure if anyone can confirm that?).

On Ventura last week they scrapped the app for the MDR’s we only used it to check our balance! I thought the big 3 still had the app though.

3 hours ago, Tomcruise92 said:

It did have the My Holiday app but the virtual queues have been removed across the ship. The maitre d told us that virtual queuing was being removed from all ships (not sure if anyone can confirm that?).

Thank you that is interesting. I hope they do.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tomcruise92 said:

The app is still in use on Britannia, but the half hearted approach to it causes more problems than it is worth... 

You can join a virtual queue with say 20 people in front of you and watch others walk straight in without having booked... 

There was nearly fights at the Glasshouse because of this. The app said 'queue full' but keep checking as more spaces may become available, but if you walked up, you would be added to the queue that was supposedly full. This riled many people... One old chap shouting at us because we walked up just to ask if there was any real possibility of getting in that night and they added us to the queue immediately, we were seated in about 10 mins. 

I did feel guilty, but I was hungry😊

Andy 

• Like 5

Thanks for all the comparisons, a lot of them echo the experiences of my in-laws on both lines. We'd love to try Princess but their prices for school holiday cruises are way more than P&O so we'll have to hold off for now.

Edited by DamianG

34 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

The app is still in use on Britannia, but the half hearted approach to it causes more problems than it is worth... 

You can join a virtual queue with say 20 people in front of you and watch others walk straight in without having booked... 

There was nearly fights at the Glasshouse because of this. The app said 'queue full' but keep checking as more spaces may become available, but if you walked up, you would be added to the queue that was supposedly full. This riled many people... One old chap shouting at us because we walked up just to ask if there was any real possibility of getting in that night and they added us to the queue immediately, we were seated in about 10 mins. 

Andy 

As long as you felt guilty. That makes it alright 😅

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, showingdiva said:

Having done a dummy booking for a Princess cruise, I can truthfully say that irrespective of cruise length, cabin grade, itinerary or ship, Princess are clearly unhappy at the thought of solo travelers

Same with Celebrity. That' why I stopped using them.

4 hours ago, showingdiva said:

Having done a dummy booking for a Princess cruise, I can truthfully say that irrespective of cruise length, cabin grade, itinerary or ship, Princess are clearly unhappy at the thought of solo travelers

Indeed. TA's that normally list solo prices never show them for Princess...

4 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Andy 

It wasn't just us being grumpy then re this stupid system. 🙄 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

It wasn't just us being grumpy then re this stupid system. 🙄 

Not at all. 

We didn't have too many problems with the app itself, just the way it was being implemented (or not). 

I know Terrierjohn has been making very good points regarding either making the app reliable and useable for everyone and insisting it is used, or don't use it at all. 

I have to agree, this current system is just not fair. 

Andy 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Not at all. 

We didn't have too many problems with the app itself, just the way it was being implemented (or not). 

I know Terrierjohn has been making very good points regarding either making the app reliable and useable for everyone and insisting it is used, or don't use it at all. 

I have to agree, this current system is just not fair. 

Andy 

Before Covid the old system worked so why can't we just go back to that? Have just said to hubby that we are staying at a hotel tonight and it is nice to have no stress re booking a meal and knownthe service etc is going to be spot on. It used to be like that on our PO cruises 😞

• Like 5