Chef table

notalandlover

2 hours ago, notalandlover said:

Does HAL offer a chef table and if so what is recommended to secure a reservation. I did this on PCL years ago and loved it. Thanks in advance.

They used to pre-covid.  It wasn’t advertised and you had to request on day 1 for it to get in.  It was very nice.

Around 2018/19 (I might be off on the year) when I asked about the Chef’s Table or Master Chef’s dinner, I was told they were being re-evaluated by Seattle.  Since then I haven’t seen them.

I plan to ask in October for the fun of it but I’m not holding out a lot of hope.  But, they have slowly started to bring back the Cellar Master dinner on select cruises.  👍 

If they do have them, they are only available on cruises of at least 10 days in length - preferably longer.  There is not enough time on a 7 day to do them I was told years ago.

I guess it depends what you mean by "chef table".  As others have said, depending on the cruise there will likely be special dining events for an additional charge.  But if you're actually talking about a secluded table with personalized attention from the chef (sometimes right in the kitchen) like some land-based restaurants offer, they don't have anything like that.

7 hours ago, notalandlover said:

Does HAL offer a chef table and if so what is recommended to secure a reservation. I did this on PCL years ago and loved it. Thanks in advance.

The chef table on Princess is much different than the one hal used to do.  I feel the Princess one was more upscale.  It was pretentious having to be interviewed for the Princess on when I did it several years ago.