drinking water on board for filling water bottles

sjkoen

Anyone bring own water bottles. Are there self-serve water stations to fill? Or can you just do in room sink? I've only been on small live aboard dive boats and they have said okay to drink but also had water stations. I have regular water bottle and backpacking with filter. The filter bottle doesn't carry as much, but I'd bring it if no fill stations or way to fill own bottle. Thanks!

All drinks are included on the ship, so no need for water stations.  Also you have free use of your minibar which contains bottled water, so if you want to fill up your water bottle for shore excursions you could always use the water from the minibar.

6 minutes ago, mermaid 285 said:

All drinks are included on the ship, so no need for water stations.  Also you have free use of your minibar which contains bottled water, so if you want to fill up your water bottle for shore excursions you could always use the water from the minibar.

Thanks, I thought that might be the case. It isn't about saving money, I'd prefer to minimize use of plastic - I'd be bummed using multiple plastic bottles.

• Like 1

Perhaps you could suggest to Ponant in your feedback to give everyone a ' Paul Gauguin' aluminium drinking bottle (which could be great advertising for them), take out the plastic bottles from the minibars and instead install some drinking fountains.  

6 hours ago, mermaid 285 said:

Perhaps you could suggest to Ponant in your feedback to give everyone a ' Paul Gauguin' aluminium drinking bottle (which could be great advertising for them), take out the plastic bottles from the minibars and instead install some drinking fountains.  

Or make it optional.  Not everyone wants to drink out of a dirty metal bottle day after day.  😀

• Like 1

On 6/17/2023 at 12:36 PM, mermaid 285 said:

Sooo...I asked about refill stations and received this reply 😀  - 

"There will be water flask/bottles (in metal) gifted in each stateroom and that water will be available as well to replenish them"

1 hour ago, sjkoen said:

Sooo...I asked about refill stations and received this reply 😀  - 

"There will be water flask/bottles (in metal) gifted in each stateroom and that water will be available as well to replenish them"

That's brilliant!!!