When will Oceania start sailing O class ships around the various Pacific ports instead of Regatta?

zalusky

After my first experience on Oceania on Regatta I was somewhat disappointed in the ship and it’s features.

IE lack of lounge bathrooms, Only one laundry room, poor viewing ability in the theater as examples.

I would really like to see O class ships if not the V class ships doing pacific stops from Alaska to to Japan to Oz.

Anybody know if and when that might happen?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, the more ports the better said:

I’m booked on Riveria in February 2024 from Bangkok to Hong Kong, Hong Kong to Seoul and Seoul to Tokyo.  Not sure where it goes after that but I can pretty much guarantee it will be in the Pacific after I get off in Tokyo.

We’re on Riviera April 2023, Tokyo to Singapore, Singapore to Dubai.  The Riviera is reason we booked this “bucket list” cruise now. We only use small ships for short cruises, 7 days NYC/Bermuda on Insignia in Sept.

Wish they would return Marina to Tahiti

One must remember Oceania was taken off the South Pacific route because it couldn’t regularly fill the ship. Our 12 day Marina FP cruise had less than 800 passengers. Some of those Papeete - Sydney and back runs had even less. That equals R ship.

The Riveria is now indeed headed for Asia. The trick will be to keep it near capacity to make it profitable.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Jayne E said:

We’re on Riviera April 2023, Tokyo to Singapore, Singapore to Dubai.  The Riviera is reason we booked this “bucket list” cruise now. We only use small ships for short cruises, 7 days NYC/Bermuda on Insignia in Sept.

Wish they would return Marina to Tahiti

Riviera goes Tokyo to Vancouver BC in spring 2025. My guess (because I find speculation fun) is that Riviera will take over the previous Regatta California and Alaska season (in summer 2025) then return to Asia in the fall. Regatta has other itineraries in summer 2025. Stay tuned for the actual answer with the next release.

• Like 2

Other than not being able to fill the O ships on the South Pacific crossings as pinotlover explained, another reason is port restrictions.  Bora Bora comes to mind. They don't allow more than 1200 cruise ship passengers in port per day. No other ship would be allowed if Vista or Riviera were there. Not likely that's going to happen. Windstar and Paul Gaugin are predominant in French Polynesia and their ships are even smaller than O's R ships. 

• Like 2

1200 passengers coming ashore in some of the FP ports can be overwhelming.  We've sailed in FP several times:  on Regatta in 2013, on Marina in 2014, and again on Regatta in 2022.  We enjoyed that part of the world on Regatta more than Marina simply because of the passenger count.  Pulling into Huahine or Nuku Hiva with 1200 passengers was ridiculous.  They simply cannot handle that many people coming ashore for the day.  

• Like 4