Good digital deck plan?

LGinPA

I'm looking for a way to use my mobile device to view a detailed deck plan with good resolution that I can zoom in to read the details.  The app does not provide that, prior to our cruise. 

When on board does a good deck plan appear on the app?  If not, does anyone have a link to an up to date deck plan file I can download?

Edited by LGinPA

Access to NCL web pages is available on ship  without an internet package.

I usually create one for a ship I am not familiar with print on an A3 sheet to hang on the wall  just the pubic decks so they can be bigger   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, LGinPA said:

I'm looking for a way to use my mobile device to view a detailed deck plan with good resolution that I can zoom in to read the details.  The app does not provide that, prior to our cruise. 

When on board does a good deck plan appear on the app?  If not, does anyone have a link to an up to date deck plan file I can download?

https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/Ship_Map_BREAKAWAY_06142022.pdf

7 minutes ago, LGinPA said:

Thank you, Bird!  This is nice in that it shows which venues have charges (specialties, etc.) It will be a nice supplement to the detailed .pdf. I'm downloading it to my phone now! 👍

Also FYI (and for everyone) those maps are available for all ships.

https://www.ncl.com/downloads/overview

• Thanks 2

The Web site https://cruisedeckplans.com/ provides pdfs of pretty much all cruise ship deck plans. There is also an option for generating a pdf of just the decks you select (e.g., if you only want to see decks with public spaces). I believe both are available through the public site, but the member fee is small if one has to join for access to this feature.

Edited by ExArkie
Corrected error
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Once on the ship and the app is on ship function the deck plans are super easy to see. Going on Breakaway in early March.  This will be 4th time. Also been on Getaway (same layout) so i pretty well can maneuver the ship. 

34 minutes ago, Lucky Dude 2101 said:

The ship pocket guides seem to be readily available as well.

Good to know those are stll around!  I used to have one for every NCL ship we'd been on but I've been going through stuff and got rid of them.

2 hours ago, cruisinmeme said:

Once on the ship and the app is on ship function the deck plans are super easy to see. Going on Breakaway in early March.  This will be 4th time. Also been on Getaway (same layout) so i pretty well can maneuver the ship. 

Thanks, this is what I was hoping for. That the NCL app has the plans. Prior to sailing, the app just redirects to the internet.

BTW We're new cruisers. 😁

I also prefer using my mobile device to paper. 

Edited by LGinPA

Windy is one of the app that's loaded alongside the NCL app to use, the other is ShipMate - within that, you can access deck plans & it can be downloaded ahead for offline use, no need to access WiFi and/or roaming data, very handy.  

NCL's app remains promising but ... not always link or work, and it's plain annoying while at sea. Give it a try and dry run before your cruise.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, LGinPA said:

What is Spiegel tent? 

It's listed on deck 6 of the Breakaway on every deck plan and on the quick reference guide that bird posted, it's considered a specialty dining. 

Well I am curious also.  Been on Breakaway 3x and Getaway once and never even realized it was there.