Infinity WiFi

Boatdrinknc

Currently on the infinity doing a Greek isle trip. Connecting to the ship WiFi is very sketchy at best. Our cabin is in the aft of the ship where there are no routers so I am told. We get no connection here. If you walk around the center of the ship you can connect. If I hadn’t rented a mobile WiFi hot spot before the cruise I would be upset. The mobile hot spot works great on land and in the water and is very quick. The only spotty lost coverage areas is when we are far from land

16 minutes ago, Boatdrinknc said:

Currently on the infinity doing a Greek isle trip. Connecting to the ship WiFi is very sketchy at best. Our cabin is in the aft of the ship where there are no routers so I am told. We get no connection here. If you walk around the center of the ship you can connect. If I hadn’t rented a mobile WiFi hot spot before the cruise I would be upset. The mobile hot spot works great on land and in the water and is very quick. The only spotty lost coverage areas is when we are far from land

When we were onboard a few weeks ago, the wifi wasn't too bad in the theater and other public places. I was horrible in our cabin and, unfortunately, we were quarantined there for 5 days.

I got off on Saturday - agree it is absolutely  terrible. Almost worse than when internet was contained to the onboard computers.

They have embarrassing tech issues as the icing on the cake for that ship, which just highlights how badly it needs a long dry dock to be revolutionized. They need to stop giving 4 devices free and worry about the bandwidth. I never need to see this error message again on a ship. Absolute trashfire of a Wi-Fi offering.

IMG_6207.jpeg

8 hours ago, Boatdrinknc said:

We're sailing Infinity in July, can you share details about the mobile hot spot that you used?

I was onboard 17-days in may/June. 

The wifi is hit or miss. It's not updated to starlink and new base stations in hardware. They are working on it... So it will be better.

Its good connection/ capacity in the lounge on deck 11, theatre when not to crowded and in the dining room and Blu on deck 5. (I really tested and walked to find a decent spot for work)

I did finish a lot of emails and uploaded/sendt them away when I went to this areas. 

as for @Kreative03 the reason you get this message is because you have a private wifi set-up.  You needed to click on the i circle and put it to public/ not private surfing. 

The system on INF need to have your ip-adress.

Otherwise you will only get this error message and not able to connect. 

So it's very important to switch/give access for that on INF. 

@Norwaylady - I had it properly set up, and this was in the midst of the cruise, so I had changed nothing in the 85 steps of getting online on the infinity :-). The most frustrating was having network intermittent connectivity while sitting in one spot—as I am ok with slow, I just can’t stand the constant dropping and failure to reconnect. I can’t imagine having tried to work on the ship and felt terrible for the crew manning the ilounge desk with nothing to offer except “keep trying”

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, JacksGal said:

This is very interesting, can you use it at sea and on land?  I'm assuming just land?

It worked fine on the ship as long as we weren’t too far away from land and cellular signals.

I have a current booking on Infinity (soon) and on Eclipse (a month later).  I bought the wi-fi on Eclipse since it was advertised as premium and discussed being able to stream and such.  But Infinity's wi-fi, while cheaper, was not advertised as premium and seemed to only be maybe suitable for retrieving e-mail or text messaging.  In that case, I didn't buy it, as it seemed to be slow/inferior.

Here's how Infinity's wi-fi is advertised.  You can contrast that to how Eclipse's wi-fi is advertised...

Infinity.

Full Sailing - 7 Days

From

$16.99 / per guest per day
$19.99 onboard
(15% OFF) PRE-CRUISE SAVINGS 
Sign in to reserve

Overview

Stay connected while you are on vacation with our Wi-Fi package. You can post to social media, surf the web, send emails, and text family and friends on most messaging apps.

Highlights

• Includes 4 devices per package

Important details and advisements

• Please note that there will be limited connectivity in certain areas of the ship.

And Eclipse...

Premium Wi-Fi

Full Sailing - 6 Days

From

$17.99 / per guest per day
    $29.99 onboard
    (40% OFF) FLASH SALE 
    Reserve 

Overview

Premium Wi-Fi puts our best internet at your fingertips throughout your vacation. Message or video chat with your friends and family, browse the web, send emails even with larger files attached, and post on social media to your heart’s content. Plus, you can enjoy videos, movies, binge-worthy shows, and music on your favorite streaming apps. 

Highlights

• This package includes 1 device
Edited by Stockjock

On 6/19/2023 at 10:15 AM, 5onadime said:

I see that the Infinity is scheduled for an approximate 2 week dry dock in January 2024.  I suspect that is not long enough for any meaningful changes.  Does any one have any information?

I hope they get this resolved before our Feb 2024 sailing!