Condition of the Shadow

jgmc

I will be on the Shadow for New Years and am wondering about the condition the ship is in....it has always been one of my favorite ships but I am afraid I am spoiled - I just returned from 2 weeks on the beautiful Silver Dawn. 

I don't think you have to worry that you are going from a First Class ship to a garbage scow.  

The Shadow will be just fine. 

"She has a bluff bow, lovely lines.  She's a fine seabird: weatherly, stiff and fast... very fast, if she's well handled.  No, she's not old; she's in her prime." - Capt. Jack Aubrey

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rothko1 said:

"She has a bluff bow, lovely lines.  She's a fine seabird: weatherly, stiff and fast... very fast, if she's well handled.  No, she's not old; she's in her prime." 

You've met my wife? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think the Shadow is wonderful, but there are places around the central stairway that sometimes smelled icky to me, like the carpet wasn't quite as fresh as one would like. But I have an acute sense of smell, so that might be an issue you wouldn't notice. Definitely no issues that would prevent me sailing on her though!

On 6/20/2023 at 6:43 AM, jgmc said:

I will be on the Shadow for New Years and am wondering about the condition the ship is in....it has always been one of my favorite ships but I am afraid I am spoiled - I just returned from 2 weeks on the beautiful Silver Dawn. 

I understand your questioning this - we were on the Dawn in January and it is our new favorite.  But having said that, the Shadow has her own positive characteristics!  Enjoy.