Azamara Quest - Carnival in Rio Voyage - 6/2/24.

Hartswood

Hello.

Has anyone on this cruise been able to book the excursion and their Grandstand seats for the Rio Carnival?

I booked before the Azamara website change and at that time I was able to book the excursion and seats through Azamara no problem. I then received an e mail from Azamara saying that for some reason they were cancelling the excursion and seats but were seeking to upgrade the experience. I duly got a refund.

Ever since the website change however I have been unable to find out whether new seats have been made available. Some times when I look the excursion is there but at the ridiculous price of over £800,000 (some upgrade - but seriously, clearly an IT issue) but other times the excursion is not there at all. For those who have booked since the website change, they might well be wondering why it is called the Carnival in Rio voyage.

My concern is, if I ultimately have to wait until I am on board before I can book the excursion, the seats by then might well have sold out. After all, this was the primary reason for me choosing this cruise.

Any information from anyone on this cruise would be appreciated. 

Thanks.

• Like 1

Update:

OOPS; the below won’t help you because they only list 2023 dates. SORRY!

————————————-

Try clicking on the date for your sailing at this link. I should bring you to a current PDF of the detailed shore excursions for your trip. You can’t book through there, but I’d suggest you call Azamara to add it to your booking if the excursion is on that list.

Shore%20Excursions%202023_Flyer.pdf?utm_

Edited by JaneStarr

Hi we are Brian & Diana from Toronto and are doing a BTB. If you are interested in getting tickets to the Parade with transfers as well as a excellent 2 day tour while in Rio check out Do Brazil Right  2024 Azamara Rio Carnival Tours (dobrazilright.com) .We have booked parade tickets as well as the 2 day tour. We are using the same tour company In November 2023 on the Azamara Quest when we do the Amazon. 

• Like 1

The other thing that’s well worth doing in Rio is doing a bit of research to find out when the various ‘Street Parties’ are then getting a taxi there. We were in Rio for carnival a few years ago we got a taxi to Ipanema beach for the Ipanema Street Party - it was fantastic - amazing atmosphere!

• 2 months later...
On 6/20/2023 at 5:12 PM, briguy53 said:

Hi we are Brian & Diana from Toronto and are doing a BTB. If you are interested in getting tickets to the Parade with transfers as well as a excellent 2 day tour while in Rio check out Do Brazil Right  2024 Azamara Rio Carnival Tours (dobrazilright.com) .We have booked parade tickets as well as the 2 day tour. We are using the same tour company In November 2023 on the Azamara Quest when we do the Amazon. 

marcelozahar@dobrazilright.com

I’ve his phone number, too. I booked both Carnaval nights plus transport with him. I plan to sleep the day of the second night but would love a tour of Rio up to Christ the Redeemer the first day in port. He said he would put together a car, or van or bus should I gather enough folk. Anyone interested in his Rio tour? 

On 6/21/2023 at 12:04 AM, Grandma Cruising said:

The other thing that’s well worth doing in Rio is doing a bit of research to find out when the various ‘Street Parties’ are then getting a taxi there. We were in Rio for carnival a few years ago we got a taxi to Ipanema beach for the Ipanema Street Party - it was fantastic - amazing atmosphere!

No such animal as "Ipanema Street Party".  She may be referring to Banda de Ipanema - that gay group bloco which is the biggest bloco in Ipanema - you can buy one of their t-shirts and join the parade group, we were there in 2017 and we still have their t-shirts.  However, they move at a snail's pace, like many popular blocos in Rio.  Problem with many popular blocos, they are crowded like a Tokyo subway during rush hour.  Amazing atmosphere is right, but crowded.  If you are covid-shy, don't bother with Carnival.

On 6/21/2023 at 3:04 AM, Grandma Cruising said:

For people who have never been to Canaval, I suggest that they look up videos of various street parties on You Tube so they have a better idea of what they are like and can make an informed decision on whether they want to go to one. The videos also give an idea of what steps they should take to try to be as safe and secure as possible.