Rewards OBC

Good day everyone. I am currently booked for a cruise in October and was going to redeem credit card rewards points for on board credit (OBC). If I do this today, would the OBC be posted to my account, and if I booked shore excursions could I use my OBC? 

I seem to recall I was able to do this a while back, but am unsure if it was with Royal or another cruise line.

TIA

Chrissy.

9 minutes ago, cruisegirl1976 said:

HI.. if you redeem today.. it should show up on your account in a few days.. then you could use the OBC to book the shore excursions.

For an October cruise, it wouldn’t show up until September, unless you call and ask to have it posted sooner.  It may take a couple calls 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

For an October cruise, it wouldn’t show up until September, unless you call and ask to have it posted sooner.  It may take a couple calls 

Not true.. I have redeemed my points over 8 months in advance and they posted to my account within a couple days.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, cruisegirl1976 said:

Not true.. I have redeemed my points over 8 months in advance and they posted to my account within a couple days.

You must be lucky.  Every time we have done ours, they say they won’t show up till 2 to 4 weeks before the cruise date.  That is why we use ours for grats, because sales are gone by then.  

11 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

You must be lucky.  Every time we have done ours, they say they won’t show up till 2 to 4 weeks before the cruise date.  That is why we use ours for grats, because sales are gone by then.  

I have redeemed them numerous times, months before my cruises, and the most I waited was 4 days before is showed on my account. Do you redeem online or call?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cruisegirl1976 said:

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

3 hours ago, cruisegirl1976 said:

I have redeemed them numerous times, months before my cruises, and the most I waited was 4 days before is showed on my account. Do you redeem online or call?

I have redeemed points as far as 8 months out. I think the longest it ever took for them to show was about 1 week.

• Like 1

Likewise 

We always call and get applied months in advance and processed within 5 Business days 

I like to see $$$ at the top of the page, and really is nice to click use available balance and get those excursions nice and cheap when the sales are on months in advance 

Make the call and get applied whenever you want 

TEL:  1-888-305-4626

RC Rewards Desk number

Edited by PompeySailor
  • Like 1

On 6/20/2023 at 9:43 AM, cruisegirl1976 said:

HI.. if you redeem today.. it should show up on your account in a few days.. then you could use the OBC to book the shore excursions.

This is exactly how it worked out. Thank you so much!

• Like 1