Frog & Onion - cash or card?

WrittenOnYourHeart

6 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Just trying to plan ahead for how much cash to bring. I already know I'll need cash for the shuttle to Horseshoe Bay and possibly a chair/umbrella (unsure if I'm going to bother). Do they prefer cash or card at the pub?

Whichever you prefer.  They take both.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Thank you! Are UD dollars ok or should I convert them to Bermuda dollars?

Don’t convert for any purchase. The USD is equal value to Bermuda currency. You really can’t convert. You could get Bermuda currency at a bank or ATM but you would have to spend it all or what is left will be a souvenir. It is not exchangeable. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Just trying to plan ahead for how much cash to bring. I already know I'll need cash for the shuttle to Horseshoe Bay and possibly a chair/umbrella (unsure if I'm going to bother). Do they prefer cash or card at the pub?

You only need cash for the shuttles or taxis. Credit cards are accepted everywhere but Discover Card is not accepted and some shops don’t accept AMEX. If you have a card that does not charge foreign transaction fees use that. 

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Do they prefer cash or card at the pub?

They take credit cards.

When you eat at restaurants in Bermuda most have a service charge. so check the bill before adding a tip. There is no tax so you won’t see that.

• Thanks 1

As Charles4515 stated above, Frog and Onion has an automatic service charge of 17%. It is added to your bill.Take time to read it! If you're paying by card, they'll hand you a card reader with the amount owed. Under that is the tip area, either a numerical amount you key in or a percentage.Well, if you're like most folks, you'll tip about 20%. If you didn't take the time to read your bill, you're unaware they have already charged you 17%. So you click on the 20% tip button and go on your way, satisfied with the Bermuda fish chowder, red onion rings, and the wonderful home made mac and cheese your party just consumed.

About a month later you're going over your credit card bills. You can't figure why your Frog and Onion bill is so high. After a little investigation you realize-"Oh crap!  I paid a 37% tip!". Be careful!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 6/28/2023 at 2:14 PM, GetToLivin said:

Can anyone speak to dinner wait times from experience (thinking 6pm - 8pm)? I think DH would love this spot and it seems like a fun way to spend one evening off the ship 🙂 

I don't know about wait times, but you can make a reservation.

• Thanks 1