Nieuw Amsterdam in Juneau on June 21, 2023

leerathje

Ms Nieuw Amsterdam will be at CT dock from 10:00 am to 10:00 pm, and she is on a 7 day Glacier Discovery Northbound.

image.jpeg.f100838c66aab854aa7d6d89e0960b63.jpeg

Also in port is Majestic Princess at FKL dock from 6:30 am to 5:00 pm, Discovery Princess at ACT dock (12:30 pm to 9:00 pm) and Brilliance of the Seas at AJD dock (1:30 pm to 8:00 pm)

The PTZtv webcam can be found at https://www.juneauharborwebcam.com/

Next up:  Noordam on June 21, 2023.

Leanne

18 hours ago, leerathje said:

Also in port is Majestic Princess at FKL dock from 6:30 am to 5:00 pm, Discovery Princess at ACT dock (12:30 pm to 9:00 pm) and Brilliance of the Seas at AJD dock (1:30 pm to 8:00 pm)

3 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Nothing at AS Dock today?

Roy

Discovery Princess ended up at the AS Dock.

Roy

3 hours ago, Alaska05 said:

New watcher here.  Where do all the floatplanes go.  Just sightseeing to glaciers?

Never having been to Juneau, but living in a town that is on the ocean (Comox on Vancouver Island, British Columbia), our floatplanes do sightseeing, but there are also remote villages that are accessed by boat or plane, and I'm sure there are also (expensive!) fishing lodges that are accessed too. As well, here, we have floatplanes that fly from Comox to Vancouver multiple times every day.....so they would perhaps fly to Anchorage, or other towns in Alaska.

L.

I'm pretty sure these planes just fly in for the cruise season and go to lodges and glaciers either landing or scenic viewing.  I suspect there are either amphibious airplanes or float planes that serve remote communities but they are located closer to the airport which is several miles north of town.

Roy

I was just curious.  It seems the planes all line up, fill with passengers and then take off one after another.

we’ve been on 8 Alaska cruises.  The last one was in 2019 before COVID.  We took a helicopter one year to land on a glacier, but have mostly done whale watching excursions.

Im getting my “fix” by watching the webcam and recalling the thrill we got each time we cruised into Juneau.