Calling Customer Service

Hawkstar33

13 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

Of course there will be a few of us who do not get it, as it were... LOL

I agree with your and others thought on this...

bon voyage

Bo.  I see you, and several others, on here a lot.  I read what you say.  But you are wrong in your assumption, and assessment.  While I agree with some of your comments about Cruising, I think you are outta line with how you think my call went, when you were not on the line with us.  But it's an open site, subject to any comments.  And your comments, are not those of a cruise line employee, or representative of any cruise line.  Just your opinions, what you've read,  or personal experience.  So while you seem very knowledgeable, you are just another poster.  Ty for your insight.  

• Thanks 1

As someone who worked with the public, there are things a front line person can do and things they can't. Typically when someone calls CS to fix a problem they have, like app issues, they can deal with that. If its a more complex issue, maybe with billing that has to be fixed by someone with more expertise, they take the ticket and escalate. Then its reviewed by a higher level team to resolve. Resolve/solve is always the goal. Now, if someone calls CS to complain about decisions that are made in the c suite, that call is going no place because there's no way to mark the ticket resolved. When they say they are recording its to train others and run analytics on resolved rates, time to resolution, trends in types of issues. No one is listening to a recording about complaints in the price of cruising. Guaranteed. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

@Hawkstar33 I've got no issue with you calling to discuss the complaints being raised on CC considering your upcoming cruises. Lots of people have talked about communicating via survey responses, or calling X HQ, or writing to the execs. If you are willing to take the time to actually expect a Custome Service Rep to fill that role, more power to you. I personally wouldn't expect much result, but I think no one should denigrate you trying, nor should anyone be so rude about it.

The responses here remind me of the HS "in crowd" all jumping in and making fun of the new student who asked a question they are too cool to answer.

Edited by mayleeman

Insisting a front-line person go to a website and read reviews takes it a bit beyond calling to log a complaint, even if you think you're being polite about it.  I think it's fine to call and complain but ask that they take your complaint, say your piece, and be done with it.  I believe the better way is to contact corporate headquarters, though.  As already mentioned, most call center workers are rated on how many calls they take; depending on the job, they're also rated on either how long it takes to resolve issues or how often they turn calls into bookings. 

In a former life, I worked in a national reservations center for a major hotel chain, and we constantly got calls from people in hotels when they would push the "reservations" button on their in-room phone instead of the "front desk" button.  We would try to politely tell them to hang up and try again (couldn't transfer them ourselves) but often you were stuck listening to people you couldn't help while they prattled on about any- and everything.  Enough calls like that in a shift would decrease your overall metrics if it kept you from booking rooms.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, mayleeman said:

@Hawkstar33 I've got no issue with you calling to discuss the complaints being raised on CC considering your upcoming cruises. Lots of people have talked about communicating via survey responses, or calling X HQ, or writing to the execs. If you are willing to take the time to actually expect a Custome Service Rep to fill that role, more power to you. I personally wouldn't expect much result, but I think no one should denigrate you trying, nor should anyone be so rude about it.

The responses here remind me of the HS "in crowd" all jumping in and making fun of the new student who asked a question they are too cool to answer.

TY.  I felt it was worth a try.  If any of them could offer ideas to better handle such issues, that would be a great help to all of us.  We all must agree, that times have surely changed, and cruise lines have adjusted their overall strategy of making money.  There surely must be a way of getting someone to hear what is said, and written.  Anyone with a better idea, please let us know.  As far as the post slammers go, I've read their comments on many posts.  While some look to genuinely offer their insight, others look to analyze, and deconstruct the post, and author.  I've been on here a long time, throwing in a post or comments, usually before, and after, a recent cruise. I've seen them come and go.   

16 minutes ago, Hawkstar33 said:

Anyone with a better idea, please let us know.  As far as the post slammers go, I've read their comments on many posts.  

Very good !!

'' Better idea " --- Not really --- " Suggestions " ? I'll give it a try:

Make sure your " complaint " is genuine ,not that you are just trying to get "something".

" My air conditioning was too cold/hot "--- forget it---you get nothing

" There was noise from the chairs moving on the pool deck above our cabin "--- you get nothing.

" No kids books in the library "--- you get nothing.

" My Waiter forgot to bring my , etc etc , which caused us to miss the Newlywed Game" --- Now, you're talking--- That's serious ----You are entitled to a Complimentary Cruise Certificate ---

Make sure you complain to the " right person/department ".

LOL--- Don't complain to the Captain about the size of the shrimps. 

Think ---- What would you do if you received this call ?

" Post slammers "---- The same ones all the time--- you get to know who's who pretty quickly--- social media , on occasion, is not your friend.

Finally, some of the treads /topics on CC ARE absolute nonsense and do get well deserved " reactions " from post slammers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@bEwAbG Perhaps if the purported "Reps" at X let supervisors know they are getting complaints and questions about fears of major cutbacks, they could be trained to give info about where to complain. That is what your company apparently gave to your call staff--X should do the same.

People fearing hurricanes, or booking problems, routinely call for information. Not out of line to ask questions about what they get for their cruise fares coming up. Call them sales staff only if they are to be seen as no source of info on problems.

I think the OP wasn't telling the staff to read CC. I think he likely talked about reading things here that generated questions, and the rep wanted to know the source, which led to the conversation he described. I have been surprised when I have talked to a travel agent who hadn't heard of it. (Needless to say, didn't hire!)

Edited by mayleeman
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Pinboy said:

Very good !!

'' Better idea " --- Not really --- " Suggestions " ? I'll give it a try:

Make sure your " complaint " is genuine ,not that you are just trying to get "something".

" My air conditioning was too cold/hot "--- forget it---you get nothing

" There was noise from the chairs moving on the pool deck above our cabin "--- you get nothing.

" No kids books in the library "--- you get nothing.

" My Waiter forgot to bring my , etc etc , which caused us to miss the Newlywed Game" --- Now, you're talking--- That's serious ----You are entitled to a Complimentary Cruise Certificate ---

Make sure you complain to the " right person/department ".

LOL--- Don't complain to the Captain about the size of the shrimps. 

Think ---- What would you do if you received this call ?

" Post slammers "---- The same ones all the time--- you get to know who's who pretty quickly--- social media , on occasion, is not your friend.

Finally, some of the treads /topics on CC ARE absolute nonsense and do get well deserved " reactions " from post slammers.

Really good.  Agree

• Thanks 1